• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Cortex mobile settings permissions

Can anyone point me to where the control settings for disabling an individual user's ability to make changes to configuration settings for objects within Cortex mobile?

I have set up a user that is only able to control certain lights, but when clicking on the settings cog-wheel next to that object on the mobile device, it is possible to alter settings. I have tried the privacy option, but am unable to remove that feature for anyone.

Thanks.
  • Viv
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Alexc View Post
    Can anyone point me to where the control settings for disabling an individual user's ability to make changes to configuration settings for objects within Cortex mobile?

I have set up a user that is only able to control certain lights, but when clicking on the settings cog-wheel next to that object on the mobile device, it is possible to alter settings. I have tried the privacy option, but am unable to remove that feature for anyone.

Thanks.
    It's currently not possible to turn off that part of the menus in Cortex mobile.
    But will look into the possibility of offering it.

Viv

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Thanks Viv. I'm at the stage with my install that I need to give control access to the family, otherwise they will never let me leave the house!

Comment

• Viv
        Automated Home Ninja
        • Dec 2004

Cortex 27.1.0

Originally posted by Alexc View Post
        Thanks Viv. I'm at the stage with my install that I need to give control access to the family, otherwise they will never let me leave the house!
        Cortex 27.1.0 is now available.

In the Web Server for Cortex Mobile each 'User' can be configured to allow specific objects to be viewed.
        In this update the 'Privacy' setting may also be turned on to disable the user from changing an object properties.
        This prevents the 'Gear' icon setting in Cortex Mobile from being used.

Viv

Comment

• Alexc
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Apr 2013

That's great - thanks for doing it so quickly.

Comment

Working...
          X