Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cortex v27 update

Default Cortex v27 update

Has everyone here managed to upgrade to Cortex V27 OK ... and it's only me having a problem with the updater ?

K

60 views and no comments so I'm guessing the v27 update went OK for everyone ?

I'm stuck on v26.10.4 which the updater shows as the latest version. Was that the last version before v27 ?

K

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

we did try several times, but not for a few days - we were getting a 404 error, and decided to leave it a while !

NB: we don't keep it connected to the 'net, because something from time to time gobbles our allowance (2-3GB at a time, out of15GB) - every now & then, and haven't bottomed the cause - Windows, OSX, Safari cookies, etc, all possibilities, but everytime we think we've fixed it, after a while it happens again - seems to be in quiet spells, and we're now keeping a tight lid on cookies, but ... really annoying and, in current context, it means we can't use Mobile from our 'phones to communicate with Cortex ...

Chris
    Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 2nd August 2015 at 03:47 PM.

Following some good tech support from IDRATEK I'm now on v27. It seems that I had some cached or corrupted files and so v26.10.4 thought it was already up to date. Clearing my caches and temporary internet files and a couple of restarts later... and it upgraded.

Fortunately here Chris it's an unlimited broadband connection so I don't keep much of an eye on bandwidth - but 2-3GB is quite a loss out of 15GB.

K

ah, maybe we'll give it another go, soon, too ...

yep, 2-3GB is an awful lot - easy to run into penalty payments, etc, too ... first suspect was Windows Updates, which we stopped, next were the MS & Apple Clouds ... then cookies ...

Apple leaves most things to user choice, but MS tends to have things set to happen by default, which is a pain, especially when it's not clear what to look for, or where to look ... and visibility options (eg: Activity Monitor in OSX & Task Manager in Windows) are limited ...

have to experiment after monthly roll-overs, when have headroom still available, which is another limitation !

Automated Home Jr Member

Hmm,

I was assuming V27 still hadn't been released yet, When I select to update it says 26.10.4 is up to date. Can someone list the steps to clear the cache or fix this issue? thanks.

Automated Home Jr Member

I had the same problem, cortex thought it was up to date. So stopped cortex, exited the program, I then deleted the cache, cookies and saved stuff etc in Internet Explorer, and ran cortex then checked and hey presto update arrives.

This was on my ancient XP machine and IE8! Bless.

Chris.

Chris -

that's good ... but what cache are you referring to - there are so many !!

Chris

Automated Home Jr Member

Got it, thanks tizwaz.

He means, shut down Cortex, open IE, go to TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS, look for the "Browsing History" section and click the DELETE button, then tick all the appropriate sections (in my case everything), click OK, then restart Cortex and try to update again.

Automated Home Jr Member

yes exactly, on my steam driven internet explorer.. this window. I ticked everything. Then restarted cortex.
    Capture.jpg