Thread: keeping pumps & valves in good fettle ...

Automated Home Legend chris_j_hunter's Avatar

Default keeping pumps & valves in good fettle ...

it seemed so simple, but we cant’ see a way to do this ...

UFH etc are not used for much of the year, meaning pumps & valves sitting idle …

longevity / reliability considerations point to exercising them for a minute or two every day or two ...

but how to do this ?

using a Monostable gate set to two minutes, triggered daily, say, won’t work - there being no suitable connections available, for Slave Controls ...

most of ours are assigned to HVAC objects ...

adding a high temp’ blip to daily Heating Demand within HVAC objects also won’t do it - smallest possible interval is one hour ...

hmm, have we missed something ?

any ideas or pointers, please ?

A Macro triggering HVAC Heating Increase Temperature / wait a bit / Heating Normal Setting looks to do it, more or less, plus direct control of any that are not under the thumb of HVAC objects ...

more or less, because run-on times can't be circumvented - will try to moderate them, but first need to remember why they were set as they are !

Quote Originally Posted by chris_j_hunter View Post
    A Macro triggering HVAC Heating Increase Temperature / wait a bit / Heating Normal Setting looks to do it, more or less, plus direct control of any that are not under the thumb of HVAC objects ...

more or less, because run-on times can't be circumvented - will try to moderate them, but first need to remember why they were set as they are !
    Create some logic and connect it into the Zone valves - "Input from HVAC" connection. This way you can make a valve turn on say once a week for one minute.
    For example a monostable output (1 minute) connected to all the valves you want to exercise. Then trigger the monostable from the scheduler (once week).

Viv
    Last edited by Viv; 1st September 2015 at 07:00 PM.

aha, many thanks - there had to be a simpler / more direct way, and that's it !

Automated Home Jr Member

I would like to set something like that for myself, but I don't know how to trigger monostable from the scheduler, can you help a bit?

Not sure where you're starting from, but ...

Create a General Logic object (within drop down list from top of screen) ... Add a MonoStable to it ... then create an Event in the Scheduler that links to it ...

HTH

Chris

Automated Home Jr Member

Thank you.
    My bad - I connected event to the wrong input.