• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

Time for a technology refresh ...

I 'm a long time HomeSeer user, since 2002, and have a pretty comprehensive set of services automated at home (Clipsal C-Bus lights, SONOS music/speech, HS Touch on iPads, Ocelot with 56 digital inputs monitoring doors, locks, room sensors etc., 24 relay outputs controlling boiler, curtains etc ...)

Some of this stuff is getting pretty old now, most of it still works successfully, with a bit of maintenance every few weeks, but I'm getting to a point where I will have a lot more spare time, and am wondering about refreshing some of the technology.

What should I do? Stay with HS2, update to HS3, move to something like Idratek, I'm open to suggestions.

Money isn't too much of an issue, but I want something that is reliable, and can evolve as tech moves on. I've been a professional software developer, so can write stuff where needed to integrate services, but don't want to build anything that could end up being complex and fragile.

What would you do?
  • toscal
    • Oct 2005

I used to beta test for Homeseer HS2. Its a great piece of kit/software.
    I like Loxone as a potential. Currently doing an ongoing install for a client with it. We are just about to install some Loxone Air nano modules and an LED RGBW Air module as well. So watch this space.
    The Loxone system is very flexible so you could just connect the digi inputs to it, though you would need an extension module or two.
    The Loxone air system works on a mesh type network. So an air module also acts as a repeater for other air modules.
    Last edited by toscal; 16 September 2015, 06:23 PM.
    IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL PROBLEM.
    Renovation Spain Blog

Comment

Working...
    X