• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fletch79
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Sep 2015

New EVOHome User with questions

Good Evening Guys,

I have evohome installed today, Controller, Relay Box and 10ish TRVs.

Slowly setting up schedules and IFTTT to do a few things.

Twice now I have had warnings about one of the actuators having a comms fault.
    I've done the RF test and have excellent on the controller and 5 on the TRV.

I have swapped the head with another room to see if the fault stays in this room or if it follows the head!

On the controller the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in the corner of the zone is still there.
    I know there is comms as the temp and the setpoint is updating and there is nothing on the TRV display about a comms failure.

the fault log shows it failing but nothing about it restoring ... is there a manual way to make it clear??

As i was messing with the controller i was holing it in my hand, the zone it was controlling shot yo to around 30°C and a small green square with the euro symbol appeared.
    what does that mean??

Thanks guys,

I'm sure I'll have a load of questions over the coming months!
  • Fursty Ferret
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2014

Delete the zone and pair it again it would be my suggestion. You can sometimes get an issue when pairing radiator valves if you don't let it sit on each page for a couple of seconds after getting the "Success" message.

Comment

• Fletch79
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Sep 2015

I moved two of the trvs about to see if it was a location problem or a issue with one if the trvs

So when I moved them I deleted both zones and recreated them (3 times now) and the error always stays with the same room ... Even if I recreate it with a different name.

Cheers for your suggestion

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Actuator comms faults can be a real pain. The tech guys will advise that the issue is usually associated with the chosen location for the BDRs which should be on a non-metal surface and at least 30cms from the boiler, other wireless device (eg, another BDR) or metal objects (eg, pipes, socket boxes etc).

Comment

• Fletch79
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Sep 2015

The BDR is nowhere near the boiler, any pipes or electrical cables ....

My boiler is in the garage and the BDR is on a wall inside the house, mounted on plaster. There is a block wall between the boiker, any pipes or electrical stuff

So that should be ok

I eventually factory reset the controller. And set everything up again.

I will see how it goes!

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Originally posted by Fletch79 View Post
            The BDR is nowhere near the boiler, any pipes or electrical cables ....

My boiler is in the garage and the BDR is on a wall inside the house, mounted on plaster. There is a block wall between the boiker, any pipes or electrical stuff

So that should be ok

I eventually factory reset the controller. And set everything up again.

I will see how it goes!
            Ok but my experience is that re-setting the controller is unlikely to resolve the actuator comms issues. My advice would be that you should contact Evohome support for advice. They are very good.

Comment

• Fletch79
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Sep 2015

I already have emailed them last nighy

Hopefully get some suggestions next week.

Thanks,
              Ewan

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Fletch79 View Post
                Good Evening Guys,

I have evohome installed today, Controller, Relay Box and 10ish TRVs.

Slowly setting up schedules and IFTTT to do a few things.

Twice now I have had warnings about one of the actuators having a comms fault.
                I've done the RF test and have excellent on the controller and 5 on the TRV.

I have swapped the head with another room to see if the fault stays in this room or if it follows the head!

On the controller the little red triangle with the exclamation mark in the corner of the zone is still there.
                I know there is comms as the temp and the setpoint is updating and there is nothing on the TRV display about a comms failure.

the fault log shows it failing but nothing about it restoring ... is there a manual way to make it clear??

As i was messing with the controller i was holing it in my hand, the zone it was controlling shot yo to around 30°C and a small green square with the euro symbol appeared.
                what does that mean??

Thanks guys,

I'm sure I'll have a load of questions over the coming months!

For the symbol you mentioned
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• electronicsuk
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Sep 2015

Hi Fletch. Another evohome newbie with the exact same problem as you, see my post here. It may just be coincidental, but we also seem to have the same number of thermostats.

Comment

Working...
                  X