Clear All
  • emmeesse68
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2014

Lost communication with the heating system

Hello all,

this morning I received the following e-mail:

"Dear user,

We would like to notify you that the Total Connect Comfort service lost communication with the heating system installed in the location below at 09/26/2015 03:56:54 UTC.

Address:

You can turn off this notification at any time by launching the Total Connect Comfort mobile app and navigating to the location's settings.

Sincerely,

Your Total Connect Comfort team"

Usually I get these alerts when my ADSL line gets disconnected, but today this wasn't the case. My RFG100 had all three leds happily lit of solid green and the RF test from the controller yelds an "excellent" result.

I tried unplugging the RFG100 from power and plugging it back in after a few minutes: I got three solid green leds but no connection from the Internet (the app won't refresh data).

Thus I logged in to https://europe.mytotalconnectcomfort.com/Locations and saw everything looked fine - yet no connection. I deleted my gateway from the webpage and tried to add it back, inserted MAC and CRC in the pop-up but got a registration error: "Oops, we are unable to confirm if your request was successfully submitted. If your device MAC is not displayed below please submit your request again."
    Checking back, my RFG100 wasn't registered (yet it still has three solid green leds). Now I get a warning that says: "Syste not bound correctly" in the locations list, and my location reports: "There is no device registered to this location.". Trying to add my gateway again would give the same error ove and over again.

Any ideas on how to fix it? Is this fault on Honeywell's side?

Now I'm not able to control my heating system from the Internet (that's one of the reasons I switched to EvoHome for...).

Thanks everybody!

M
    Last edited by emmeesse68; 27 September 2015, 08:07 AM.
  • sminkypinky155
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2015

You're not the only one having this problem! When I access the app I am seeing the message "communication with the system has been lost". I've deleted the app from my phone and reset the Internet connection on the evohome ( wifi model) with no joy.

Interestingly I have received no email saying connection has been lost. In the terms and conditions section of the app it says I need to agree to new terms to continue he using the service but there is no way of doing so. So I thought therefore it might be an idea to log in to Total Connect Comfort via the web to see if I could do so there. Problem is I can't log in there, it just hangs.

I've tweeted Honeywell to see if they are having any problems at there end, but seeing as you have also posted I am thinking that maybe they are.

Just for clarity I am uk based, and I get the feeling that my system probably went down around 04.30 our time as the app is stating a target temp of 5 degrees for the hall, which ties in with the time our front door was opened as my son left for work, thereby activating the open window function.
    Last edited by sminkypinky155; 26 September 2015, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• sminkypinky155
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Jun 2015

Update: instead of leaving well alone I though I'd try deleting and re adding my device as I had managed to log in via the web. Now seeing the same problem as emmeesse, so therefore I'm now fairly certain the problem is with Honeywell. Will just have to wait until they get there house in order I suppose.

Comment

• HenGus
        Automated Home Legend
        • May 2014

Happened to me on Thursday and again this morning. Failure time this morning was 04.02. It is still down.

Comment

• SteveP
          Automated Home Guru
          • Dec 2012

Just about to post up the same issue having spent the morning resetting the gateway, deleting and rebinding the gateway, testing changing the controller to see if that appears in the android app and then updating the android app to see if it appears on the controller. Also been into my online account to check if that all ok. Was just about to post up for some advice and found this new thread. So I am another one with an Evohome android app where the settings on the app are not updating the controller nor the other way around. All lights green on the gateway. Looking forward to the Honeywell experts advice as I now revert to having to update the controller (so quaint). I am just hoping that the advice back is not "reset the controller". I have 14 rad valves plus 2 wall controllers so not a simple job to have to reset the controller and rebind the lot. I did do a battery pull on the controller to see if that sorted the problem but no change.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

It is not just an android problem: all my devices are IOS. The problem with this type of fault is that it is human nature to think 'it must be a problem at my end'.

PS And I still do not get any weather info on the app.

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
              It is not just an android problem: all my devices are IOS. The problem with this type of fault is that it is human nature to think 'it must be a problem at my end'.

PS And I still do not get any weather info on the app.
              I got the lost communication message a couple of days ago. Today I note the app (IOS) will not communicate. It lists all zones as it should, shows them all set to 10C (they are not) but it actually reads the right temperature for each zone. However, if I try to change it nothing happens. The control panel functions fine but the wireless connection from the app is now faulty. I am just delighted I am not alone and others have the same issue!

Comment

• sminkypinky155
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Jun 2015

Still unable to register my device. I contacted Honeywell via Twitter and had a reply saying that the European based team will look into it. Will update here when I hear anything from them.

Comment

• StuartG
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Mar 2015

Both Android and iOS are reporting lost communication for me, but all the lights are good on my gateway, and no email saying there is a failure. When I've 'really' lost comms before I got the notification that way.

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by StuartG View Post
                    Both Android and iOS are reporting lost communication for me, but all the lights are good on my gateway, and no email saying there is a failure. When I've 'really' lost comms before I got the notification that way.
                    The same. Has to be a Honeywell issue. In the app I can change a temperature but no instruction gets through to the TRV. However, if I open the app on another device, my iPad, then the change done on my iPhone shows on the iPad but only for a short time. Exiting the app and it seems to revert back to telling me all zones are set to 10C when they are not. It says my hot water is off but it isn't. I assume "hopefully"! Honeywell are on to this.

Comment

• StuartG
                      Automated Home Jr Member
                      • Mar 2015

I use a script to log what my system is doing (actual temperature and set point), and since about 0400 or so this morning everything has been tramlining. No set point changes, and rooms all constant temperature.

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

Full service restored at 8pm.

Comment

• sminkypinky155
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jun 2015

Yep, just checked here and all back up and running.

Comment

• G4RHL
                            Automated Home Legend
                            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by sminkypinky155 View Post
                            Yep, just checked here and all back up and running.
                            Wonder what the issue was. I had hoped when it became live again my home town would exist so far as the weather is concerned, but sadly it is not to be. It does for all other weather apps though, just the Honeywell connection seems to think a well knows City in the NE of England has disappeared!

Comment

• emmeesse68
                              Automated Home Guru
                              • Dec 2014

As far as I can see, my location has been fully restored, including the gateway registration that I have deleted and couldn't re-register on my web profile.

Up to now, I saw nothing coming from Honeywell (information, warnings, apologies for the inconvenience...) that doesn't make up for a good customer service...

Comment

Working...
                              X