• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Originally posted by emmeesse68 View Post
    As far as I can see, my location has been fully restored, including the gateway registration that I have deleted and couldn't re-register on my web profile.

Up to now, I saw nothing coming from Honeywell (information, warnings, apologies for the inconvenience...) that doesn't make up for a good customer service...
    Well Durham City in the North East of England no longer exists!!

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

I had the same - the email saying comms lost on Thursday at 0847 and then a restore email at 0853. I just presumed that we had had a power cut (I was at work at the time.) I then had another random email on Saturday at 1949 saying system restored (there was no comms lost this time.)

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
      Well Durham City in the North East of England no longer exists!!
      Come and join me at sunny Sunderland instead. Honeywell must only want us clustered in certain parts of the country.

Comment

• G4RHL
        Automated Home Legend
        • Jan 2015

If I'm in a place that does not exist then perhaps I don't either! Better check on my iWatch.

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Over the weekend our TCC servers experienced an unplanned loss of service due to a network failure. The servers were fine, but the communications layer between our customers and these servers experienced an severe error which meant that some users could not remotely use their products. The service fault was communicated via Honeywell_Home twitter account, but did not get replicated to Honeywell_Home_EU account.

For future. We are investigating better ways in which the 'services' can be interrogated by our customers in addition to checking the app/remote control.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Yes - but it also happened on Thursday last week between 06:43 and 09:44. I have the e-mails to prove it. No loss of internet service showing on my router log.

Comment

• Rameses
              Industry Expert
              • Nov 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
              Yes - but it also happened on Thursday last week between 06:43 and 09:44. I have the e-mails to prove it. No loss of internet service showing on my router log.
              Sorry not aware of that one. No record of any TCC outages then. The emails you get are when the server cannot pulse your gateway.
              getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• emmeesse68
                Automated Home Guru
                • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
                Over the weekend our TCC servers experienced an unplanned loss of service due to a network failure. The servers were fine, but the communications layer between our customers and these servers experienced an severe error which meant that some users could not remotely use their products. The service fault was communicated via Honeywell_Home twitter account, but did not get replicated to Honeywell_Home_EU account.

For future. We are investigating better ways in which the 'services' can be interrogated by our customers in addition to checking the app/remote control.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
                I'd suggest to put a simple warning on the webpage where you register your locations. It would have saved me (and others as I can see on these pages) the hassle of trying to remove/re-add my gateway and posting on this forum.

By the way, I e-mailed the Italian contact ([email protected]) but no reply yet I get faster responses from Honeywell UK here...

bye

M

Comment

• G4RHL
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Jan 2015

Bearing in mind Honeywell have our email addresses and have emailed users before, a very simple email could have been done. Am sure there was anxiety about getting the problems sorted quickly but it seems nobody thought of ensuring users were immediately emailed to be told there was an issue. That does not need a special system. It needs basic common sense. But then somebody once said sense is not common.

Comment

• Tigermad
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Nov 2018

Anyone else getting these emails again? I got one overnight on Friday and just had another one. It reconnected within half an hour. It could be my wifi is being flaky.

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

Originally posted by Tigermad View Post
                      Anyone else getting these emails again? I got one overnight on Friday and just had another one. It reconnected within half an hour. It could be my wifi is being flaky.
                      I only get them if it is my end that has gone down. My internet and Wi-Fi goes off once a week for 5 minutes and I never get a message at those times as the off time is not long enough. I don’t these days get anything else from Honeywell telling me what is happening. But then that may be because nothing is happening!

Comment

• G4RHL
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Jan 2015

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                        I only get them if it is my end that has gone down. My internet and Wi-Fi goes off once a week for 5 minutes and I never get a message at those times as the off time is not long enough. I don’t these days get anything else from Honeywell telling me what is happening. But then that may be because nothing is happening!
                        Now there’s a nice but welcome surprise. I have just received an email from Honeywell telling me of forthcoming disruption.

Comment

• Tigermad
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Nov 2018

The email says there will be outages from 22nd all through February for maintenance. Great.

Comment

Working...
                          X