Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lost communication with the heating system

Automated Home Jr Member

I use a script to log what my system is doing (actual temperature and set point), and since about 0400 or so this morning everything has been tramlining. No set point changes, and rooms all constant temperature.

Automated Home Legend

Full service restored at 8pm.

Automated Home Jr Member

Yep, just checked here and all back up and running.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by sminkypinky155 View Post
    Yep, just checked here and all back up and running.
    Wonder what the issue was. I had hoped when it became live again my home town would exist so far as the weather is concerned, but sadly it is not to be. It does for all other weather apps though, just the Honeywell connection seems to think a well knows City in the NE of England has disappeared!

Automated Home Guru

As far as I can see, my location has been fully restored, including the gateway registration that I have deleted and couldn't re-register on my web profile.

Up to now, I saw nothing coming from Honeywell (information, warnings, apologies for the inconvenience...) that doesn't make up for a good customer service...

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by emmeesse68 View Post
    As far as I can see, my location has been fully restored, including the gateway registration that I have deleted and couldn't re-register on my web profile.

Up to now, I saw nothing coming from Honeywell (information, warnings, apologies for the inconvenience...) that doesn't make up for a good customer service...
    Well Durham City in the North East of England no longer exists!!

I had the same - the email saying comms lost on Thursday at 0847 and then a restore email at 0853. I just presumed that we had had a power cut (I was at work at the time.) I then had another random email on Saturday at 1949 saying system restored (there was no comms lost this time.)

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Well Durham City in the North East of England no longer exists!!
    Come and join me at sunny Sunderland instead. Honeywell must only want us clustered in certain parts of the country.

Automated Home Legend

If I'm in a place that does not exist then perhaps I don't either! Better check on my iWatch.

Over the weekend our TCC servers experienced an unplanned loss of service due to a network failure. The servers were fine, but the communications layer between our customers and these servers experienced an severe error which meant that some users could not remotely use their products. The service fault was communicated via Honeywell_Home twitter account, but did not get replicated to Honeywell_Home_EU account.

For future. We are investigating better ways in which the 'services' can be interrogated by our customers in addition to checking the app/remote control.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Yes - but it also happened on Thursday last week between 06:43 and 09:44. I have the e-mails to prove it. No loss of internet service showing on my router log.