• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The EVOHOME Shop
    Site Sponsor
    • Dec 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
    regarding purchasing all the parts are available separately so if you don't need a BDR91 to control boiler you can buy the (spare) controller, R8810A1018 and either desk or wall mount

parts list on back of brochure
    http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...20approved.pdf
    It is actually cheaper to buy the evohome Connected Thermostat Pack (ATP921R3100) and the R8810A1018 than the sum of the individual components. You will have a spare BDR91, but just eBay it.

Comment

• jonboy
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Aug 2015

using the R8810A1018 will allow the boiler to modulate rather than being switch 0 or 100% using TPI on a cycle/minimum run time basis

the benefits of modulating the boiler include lower gas use, more efficient operation and closer more stable control

R8810A1018 is powered from the OpenTherm terminals on the boiler so no mains supply needed

regarding purchasing all the parts are available separately so if you don't need a BDR91 to control boiler you can buy the (spare) controller, R8810A1018 and either desk or wall mount

parts list on back of brochure
      http://www.honeywelluk.com/Documents...20approved.pdf
      Thank you for your reply.

Can you please direct me to instructions on how to connect the R8810A1018 to the Evohome system and to the combination boiler?

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by jonboy View Post
        Thank you for your reply.

Can you please direct me to instructions on how to connect the R8810A1018 to the Evohome system and to the combination boiler?
        all covered in the evohome installation guide

the OpenTherm Bridge is a 2 wire connection direct to the boiler, no power supply

The binding is done at the boiler relay level either in guided config or under system devices

hope this helps
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• jonboy
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Aug 2015

Thanks top brake.

Is the OpenTherm setup for an appropriate combination boiler with c.h. control only, and no motorised valves, really as simple as a 2 wire connection from the R8810A1018 to the boiler and a powered ATP921R3100 linked by wifi to the R8810A1018?

Is the existing digital timer/controller simply removed and the unused wiring sealed off in block terminals, and the Danfoss hall thermostat removed and only the power cable used to power the ATP921R3100? I suggest this latter approach just in case the Honeywell Evohome system is ever removed and the original control system reinstated reinstated.

If so is there any other fine tuning of the combi boiler or whatever?

Comment

• top brake
            Automated Home Legend
            • Feb 2015

Indeed it is that simple. Note that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz.

Depends on the appliance. What do you have?

Thanks top brake.

Is the OpenTherm setup for an appropriate combination boiler with c.h. control only, and no motorised valves, really as simple as a 2 wire connection from the R8810A1018 to the boiler and a powered ATP921R3100 linked by wifi to the R8810A1018?

Is the existing digital timer/controller simply removed and the unused wiring sealed off in block terminals, and the Danfoss hall thermostat removed and only the power cable used to power the ATP921R3100? I suggest this latter approach just in case the Honeywell Evohome system is ever removed and the original control system reinstated reinstated.

If so is there any other fine tuning of the combi boiler or whatever?

Comment

• jonboy
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Aug 2015

Indeed it is that simple. Note that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz.

Depends on the appliance. What do you have?
              Thanks again top brake, that inspires me with more confidence to go ahead with this system.

The combination boiler is a relatively new Viessmann Vitodens 100W. It was installed in this new property just over one year ago.

Can you please explain further? ......... "that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz". Does this require anything special from a more conventional BDR91 set up?

Would weather compensation for this boiler be irrelevant with OpenTherm Bridge?

Comment

• top brake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Feb 2015

Thanks again top brake, that inspires me with more confidence to go ahead with this system.

The combination boiler is a relatively new Viessmann Vitodens 100W. It was installed in this new property just over one year ago.

Can you please explain further? ......... "that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz". Does this require anything special from a more conventional BDR91 set up?

Would weather compensation for this boiler be irrelevant with OpenTherm Bridge?
                The OpenTherm bridge pairs to the evohome controller in the same way as a BDR91 wireless relay

It can work in place of the existing weather compensator or in harmony with it. Depends how the boiler is configured.

Comment

Working...
                X