Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Evohome replace existing dial thermostat

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by top brake View Post
    Indeed it is that simple. Note that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz.

Depends on the appliance. What do you have?
    Thanks again top brake, that inspires me with more confidence to go ahead with this system.

The combination boiler is a relatively new Viessmann Vitodens 100W. It was installed in this new property just over one year ago.

Can you please explain further? ......... "that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz". Does this require anything special from a more conventional BDR91 set up?

Would weather compensation for this boiler be irrelevant with OpenTherm Bridge?

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy View Post
    Thanks again top brake, that inspires me with more confidence to go ahead with this system.

The combination boiler is a relatively new Viessmann Vitodens 100W. It was installed in this new property just over one year ago.

Can you please explain further? ......... "that the wireless link between the evohome controller and the OpenTherm Bridge is actually 868 MHz". Does this require anything special from a more conventional BDR91 set up?

Would weather compensation for this boiler be irrelevant with OpenTherm Bridge?
    The OpenTherm bridge pairs to the evohome controller in the same way as a BDR91 wireless relay

It can work in place of the existing weather compensator or in harmony with it. Depends how the boiler is configured.
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.