Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Evohome and Samsung SmartThings

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I agree. I wouldn't have gone out to buy SmartThings just to control Evohome. My phone does that in combination with geofencing and IFTTT (and I was happy with that) but it is the whole house integration and not forgetting the novelty factor
    Thanks. This is one piece of technology that will have no place in our home: 45 for a power outlet - eek.

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Thanks. This is one piece of technology that will have no place in our home: 45 for a power outlet - eek.
    The whole idea of SmartThings is integration as has been said. That means you dont have to use their 45 outlet, you can instead use a 25 Z-Wave one like this.

M.

Now that I have my SmartThings working with Siri (see the thread on the SmartThings board) I am wondering if, once Evohome becomes compatible with SmartThings, I will be able to control Evohome by Siri.

Just getting the hang of siri but with having the Apple watch, already it is so much easier to switch my Sonos off as I walk out the door just with a voice command. It would be really good if Evohome could do the same using, for example, the Economy quick action.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Otto-Mate View Post
    The whole idea of SmartThings is integration as has been said. That means you dont have to use their 45 outlet, you can instead use a 25 Z-Wave one like this.

M.
    Does the Z-Wave plugin you refer to talk back to the SmartThings app like Samsung's 45 jobs do to tell you they are on or off?