• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bruce_miranda
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jul 2014

Integrating my Visonic alarm system into my Honeywell Evohome

I liked the idea of NEST and Heat Genius dynamically adjusting the heating schedule of the house / room based on occupancy.

Since I had already invested in my Honeywell Evohome system and my Visonic alarm system I thought of a way to integrate the two. Basically what I've done it made my current system work like the Heat Genius but without having to buy any more kit.
    Using the PIR information I can get out of my Visonic with a Powelink2 attached, I just simply log the Visonic sensor triggers from the various rooms. Then I use that information to amend the Evohome's heating schedule dynamically. You'll be amazed to see how similar the house usage patterns are each working day and that allows you to heat the house in the order of usage. And because I already know how long the rooms take to heat up to a given set point, I can pre-heat the rooms in advance so that by the time we enter the room it's heated.

Of course my system doesn't work if we suddenly decide to do the ironing on a Wednesday afternoon in the guest bedroom, when we've has never done that before!

Just thought I'd mention this as an idea of integration and smart heating too.
  • Suncroft
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2015

This sounds very interesting and I want to do something similar with my setup which is Evohome (obviously) and a DSC alarm system that interfaces with my HA controller Indigo Domotics. At this stage I'm just trying to get the Evohome data into Indigo using the Python API and then I can use Indigo actions etc to make changes based as you say occupancy from PIR's etc which I have in almost every room. My issue is I'm new to Python so my learning curve is very slow at the moment. Are you using Python and do you have anything worth sharing with the community?

Thanks!

Comment

• bruce_miranda
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jul 2014

My scripts are going to be of no use to anyone. They are too customized to my set-up and devices. I am using the evohome python library that's published on here itself for the evohome side of things. Everything else is home brewed.

Note : I do not use the Boiler interlock for my Evohome because I consider it too wasteful. I don't like the boiler firing up just because one room in the house when 0.5C below its set point. So I have my Boiler connected to a Wemo switch. Now since that is a smart device too, rules and schedules plus I can use IFTTT too for things like Frost Protection, geofencing, Weather compensation etc.

Comment

Working...
      X