• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • niuk
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Aug 2005

UK Alarm system with CBus

Any UK based recommendations for alarm system that could integrate with CBus in domestic situation, say even sharing PIRs?

Ballpark pricing or contacts would be of great benefit.

Tony
  • nickgale
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2005

Re: UK Alarm system with CBus

Comfort integrates well with CBus as does Minder Pro from Clipsal, not least because they're the same product! They are not the easiest alarms to set up, mainly because they do so much. Would suggest getting it professionally installed, happy to assist.

Nick Gale
    Installing automation technology, designed with innovation into your home is empowering. It makes homes more energy-efficient, more comfortable, more convenient and more secure. With its design and innovation, it can turn a dream home into

Comment

• phcjpp
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2004

Re: UK Alarm system with CBus

I would agree and am looking to have comfort professionally installed in a month or two. I already have a ton of CBUS kit in the house and will be using the CBUS UCM from comfort to let them talk to each other. Nick, another guy on the email list is already using them together to allow him to open/shut curtains via a CBUS switch etc although if he's about I'm sure he can tell you more.

Cost wise, a fairly decent installation wil be around the £4000. Thats roughly £2000 on kit and £2000 on labour.

I really would recommend getting a professional involved - I don't think I would call it a DIY alarm system - you could but you would have to be fairly talented/lucky to get it just right.

HTH

Chris

Comment

Working...
      X