• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jarrah31
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2015

Evohome Wifi Discovery Bug?

I was trying to connect my new evohome wifi controller to my wifi network earlier today, but for some reason it just couldn't detect my wifi network when running on battery power (I tried to discover around 5 times, and tried manually connecting as well). However as soon as I plugged it into the mains, it discovered my wifi networks straight away.

Is this normal, have others experienced the same as well?

Thanks.
  • Fursty Ferret
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2014

I found that it had to be pretty much sitting on top of the router to find and connect the first time, but after that it's been fine.

Comment

• Jom
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Aug 2015

Originally posted by jarrah31 View Post
      I was trying to connect my new evohome wifi controller to my wifi network earlier today, but for some reason it just couldn't detect my wifi network when running on battery power (I tried to discover around 5 times, and tried manually connecting as well). However as soon as I plugged it into the mains, it discovered my wifi networks straight away.

Is this normal, have others experienced the same as well?

Thanks.
      Hi,
      I had a similar problem, Evohome Shop (who supplied my kit) when I contacted them told me battery needs 16 hours charging on the dock to fully charge and to discover wifi network controller should be on dock. However I found that once battery was fully charged, it would discover wifi network without being on the dock.

Comment

• The EVOHOME Shop
        Site Sponsor
        • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Jom View Post
        Hi,
        I had a similar problem, Evohome Shop (who supplied my kit) when I contacted them told me battery needs 16 hours charging on the dock to fully charge and to discover wifi network controller should be on dock. However I found that once battery was fully charged, it would discover wifi network without being on the dock.
        The evohome WiFi Controller will not pick up WiFi networks when the batteries are low. As per any rechargeable AA battery, they need a full charge when first removed from the box (for about 16 hours if they are flat). You will be able to discover WiFi networks once it is on the dock or when the batteries are fully charged.

Also make sure the transformer plug lead is pushed hard into the back of the evohome stand/charge dock, as we have had a few calls about this and they do need a good push in (with a click) sometimes to make the connection properly.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Richard

Comment

• jarrah31
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2015

Thanks Richard, that makes sense.

It was partly due to the power cable not being fully pushed in overnight, so I picked up what I thought was a fully charged controller that wouldn't connect to wifi. Even back in the cradle it still couldn't find wifi networks, until I realised that the cable wasn't fully pushed in.

Comment

Working...
          X