Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome Dan Robinson

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

I can't find the 'like' button!

Automated Home Ninja Dan_Robinson's Avatar

Will have a read with interest, although the content of the mag is a tad above my knowledge, it is good for hardware reviews and info.

I am looking for ways to help diagnose issues with installations which I seem to inherit. Often it is signal strength, btu occasionally - just occasionally, there is a weird one and seeing what is what is tricky, and time/costs doesn't always permit return visits.

Interestingly, I have new customer to go to soon with OT running (although not on Evo). He has a box of tricks that lets him see what is going on in the OT stream.

Now if I could marry that with Evo things would be peachy - only downside is all this requires a Windows PC, and I have only just moved over to android for field computing .
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

There are (or more accurately 'were') people in other places reverse engineering the data flying around in an evo controlled house. I may have a go at some point. It would be good to have a tool showing things like set points being sent to zones, zones demanding heat, relays being opened, etc etc.

Might even work on Android using a jeelink and an OTG cable.

P.

Welcome to AH Dan!