• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

How to trace wrong binding

I have one Zone on the Evohome Controller that is showing an Actuator Comms error when you select if for Temp change. The Zone is a single Rad (HR92) in a single room.
    I've unbound the HR92, delete the zone , change the Zone Type, bound another HR92 etc but the same error appears. So that means to me:

1) The binding to the Controller is actuall to a Zone ID Number (1-12) so you can rename the Zone, change the Zone type, etc, but the remote device remains bound to that ID number.
    2) I have a "device" bound to this Zone ID number at the same time as being bound to another correct Zone. That is because the entire system is working correctly.

a) How can I discover the identity of the erroneous device without going around 13 HR92s, HW Tank Sensor, and multiple BDR91s?

b) How many Zones can a HR92 be bound to? (yes I know there could be clash, but it will help resolved this issue to know the number)

c) How many Zones can a BDR91 be bound to?
  • Fursty Ferret
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2014

a. Don't think you can. If you have a Windows Phone, install the Evohome Remote app and then take a look at the diagnostic data, which will tell you the IDs of bound HR92s to each zone.

b. Do what I did after I ****ed up the binding and clear the binding on every single device in the house and rebind. May as well do it, you'll only lose 30 minutes of your time,

Comment

• MrB
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Well what do you know....

After removing the Controller batteries as per the other thread about clearing the error event log the problem is gone.

Guess that means the Controller has an in-memory zone/device mapping table which is rebuilt when it's powered on and all the devices slowly re-connect.

Another one off the list...

But does anybody know the answer to "how many bindings" ?

Comment

• electronicsuk
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Sep 2015

Originally posted by MrB View Post
        Well what do you know....

After removing the Controller batteries as per the other thread about clearing the error event log the problem is gone.

Guess that means the Controller has an in-memory zone/device mapping table which is rebuilt when it's powered on and all the devices slowly re-connect.

Another one off the list...

But does anybody know the answer to "how many bindings" ?
        Don't get too excited just yet, I had a similar issue to you and would get the same warnings back around 4 hours after power cycling the controller. I never could get to the bottom of the issue, despite repeatedly deleting the troublesome zones and resetting the HR92s. In the end, I reset the controller to factory defaults and started again. A bit of a pig once you've programmed all your schedules. I have to wonder if there's a bit of a bug in the controller software - this isn't the first time I've seen your issue on this forum, and I can't see why the steps you've taken shouldn't resolve it. But hey, perhaps you'll have more luck than me and the problem won't come back!

Comment

Working...
        X