• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrB
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

WiFi Controller Zone and Schedule Backup

After setting up 12 zones with individual daily schedules (which takes a reasonable amount of time to do). I'm concerned about it reseting and wiping the lot.

The Controller is connected to the Honeywell servers via the Internet and in this modern life having backups is more than just "highly recommended".

What are the options?
  • Fursty Ferret
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2014

Not possible at the moment though Honeywell should really implement it. I got hacked off and added schedule backup / restore to my own app.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

A good tip is to take a photo of the scheduler screens, either by doing screenshots if you use the mobile app, or by taking photos of the controller screen.

Comment

• MrB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2015

That's what I thought as well Paul, but I also thought 'Nah, too stone age. It's connected to the Internet for ....'

If it was a simple standalone device with no WiFi - ok - no backup, but we are a long way up from there.

But I guess I'll have to use a 2nd Heath Robinson approach, and for data back up - photo screen shots....

Comment

• StuartG
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Mar 2015

I've used the python script referenced in the API thread.

I'm working on a php project to build on the PHP API, and am toying with the idea of a Web app that would do things like data logging and back up restore for any system. Setting up python isn't hard, but it seems a lot of effort and not ideal for an 'everyday' user.

Comment

Working...
          X