Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evohome - how many TRVs?

Automated Home Lurker

Default Evohome - how many TRVs?

Hi, first post. Apologies if the answer to this is obvious but can one bind then control 16 TRVs with the Evohome system? I have the newer controller with built-in wi-fi if that matters.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Richard_; 15th October 2015 at 10:37 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Hi. You can only have 12 zones per controller but each zone can compromise one or more TRVs. For example, I have two radiators in my lounge, and my lounge is one of the 12 zones. During set up, it is necessary to decide which TRV has the 'lead' when it comes to reporting back to the controller. Avoid, for example, a TRV which is boxed in or behind long curtains.

I also have three radiators in my hall/stairs/landing and rather than use one of these to control the heating in this zone, I use the inbuilt sensor in the controller.

Just for clarification, the built in 2.4 wifi is to allow for connection to remote services. All Evohome controllers have 868MhZ wifi to communicate with BDRs and HR92s.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Hi. You can only have 12 zones per controller but each zone can compromise one or more TRVs. For example, I have two radiators in my lounge, and my lounge is one of the 12 zones. During set up, it is necessary to decide which TRV has the 'lead' when it comes to reporting back to the controller. Avoid, for example, a TRV which is boxed in or behind long curtains.

I also have three radiators in my hall/stairs/landing and rather than use one of these to control the heating in this zone, I use the inbuilt sensor in the controller.

Just for clarification, the built in 2.4 wifi is to allow for connection to remote services. All Evohome controllers have 868MhZ wifi to communicate with BDRs and HR92s.
    Thanks HenGus. Still need to confirm whether the system can support more than 12 TRVs. Are you saying that you have more than 12 on your system? I cannot find a maximum number anywhere.

Apologies for the confusion over the term wi-fi. I am just repeating what Honeywell have said in some of their marketing where they use the term wi-fi specifically to refer to the wireless link to the router used to establish the internet connection. The later model controller which does not need a gateway was distinguished by them as the "wi-fi" version I believe.

Automated Home Legend

I have 21 TRVs across 12 zones: 2 in Bed 1, 2 in Bed 2, 1 in Beds 3,4 and 5, 1 in Bathroom, 3 in landing/hall/stairs, 2 in living room, 1 in study, 1 in dining room, 3 in kitchen and 1 in downstairs loo.

Automated Home Lurker

Ah brilliant HenGus and thanks hugely for the confirmation. I only need about 16 so that has it covered.

I wonder what the actual limit is?

Automated Home Guru

the old Evohome had NO LIMIT to the amount of HR80's, so I would assume the same for new Evohome + HR92.

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    the old Evohome had NO LIMIT to the amount of HR80's, so I would assume the same for new Evohome + HR92.
    (Thanks Erik) No limit - but you cannot mix 'functions' - eg UFH & HR92 in same zone.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Lurker

Hi all - my first post!

Does the 12 zone limit include the Hot Water?

I currently have 11 active zones + HW and wondered if I could add a further heating zone?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Se7ens View Post
    Hi all - my first post!

Does the 12 zone limit include the Hot Water?

I currently have 11 active zones + HW and wondered if I could add a further heating zone?

Thanks.
    Welcome - Max of 12 zones + HW

No limitation on number of devices in a zone ( but you cannot mix types )

So yes you can add one more.
    Last edited by Rameses; 13th November 2015 at 10:43 AM.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Welcome - Max of 12 zones + HW

No limitation on number of devices in a zone ( but you cannot mix types )

So yes you can add one more.
    Many thanks Rameses - now I have to decide is which room!