How to pair 2 x HR92 (rad ctrls) to one zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

How to pair 2 x HR92 (rad ctrls) to one zone?

For my lounge, with 2 radiators, I am trying to pair 2 x HR92 to the zone.

I create the zone, select 'no' to using the Evohome Controller as the sensor, bind the first HR92, then it asks if I want to bind a second one and I select 'yes'...then it asks me to pair the actuator? When I would normally think it would ask me if I want to pair a second HR92...then actually go ahead and bind it...THEN bind the actuator?

Is this correct...bind HR91, bind actuator, then does it bind the second HR91?

Thanks
  • electronicsuk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

You only bind one sensor for the zone, but you can bind as many actuators as you like. Pick the HR92 that's in the most sensible place to measure the room temperature to be the sensor.

Comment

• Andehh
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Ah, so the first one I bind is the 'senor' then the second is just a 'dummy' actuator to control the second radiator?

When it says to bind the actuator (after binding the first sensor) it does give the 'green single' icon to bind with the wall mounted BDR91? Should I bind to the BDR91...then does it let me bind the second 'dummy' sensor?

Comment

• Cchris
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Nov 2015

I think there is some confusion. HR92's are actuators. However the first HR92 you bind is the referred to as the "sensor", as this is the one that senses the temperature of the room.

Once bound you are asked if you wish to add any more radiators, it is at this point you bind the second HR92, which is just referred to as an actuator.

I've just done the very same thing when resetting a zone with two rads on my setup.

Comment

• Rameses
          Industry Expert
          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by electronicsuk View Post
          You only bind one sensor for the zone, but you can bind as many actuators as you like. Pick the HR92 that's in the most sensible place to measure the room temperature to be the sensor.
          Hi - one tiny point - you can actually set the zone as a multi-room zone. So each HR92 will use its own sensing. Eg I have my boys rooms under one zone - but each rad in each room operates on its own sensing.
          getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• mamoulian
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by Rameses View Post
            Hi - one tiny point - you can actually set the zone as a multi-room zone. So each HR92 will use its own sensing. Eg I have my boys rooms under one zone - but each rad in each room operates on its own sensing.
            Interesting, can you explain the benefits of opting either way please?

The help says that in multi-room mode the Evo only displays the temperature of the first sensor - so is the second sensor used to control its radiator but we've no way of telling what it's doing?
            The API still returns only one device.

Comment

Working...
            X