• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

HR92 - calibrate the 'plunger'?

The HR92 in my lounge is set to 16 degrees in the morning, as the bedroom is where we want the heat. This morning though, the radiator in the lounge was warm...even with the HR92 in it still sat at 16 degrees & not calling for heat.

Could this mean the 'plunger' on the HR92 is not calibrate correctly to that of the ex-TRV valved radiator? How can I correct this?

Thanks
  • erik
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

Just to be clear: what was the temperature in the lounge at the time?

Comment

• Andehh
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by erik View Post
      Just to be clear: what was the temperature in the lounge at the time?

Sorry I should have been clearer, at the time the lounge was set to ''cold'' so there should have been no heat coming from the rads as the room was unused. HOWEVER, the heating was on for bedroom.....which was the only one calling for the heat.

ie...the way you would have it as you wake up & leave for work, with no use of the lounge.

How does the plunger on the HR92 calibrate itself to that of the plunger on the radiator?

Comment

• erik
        Automated Home Guru
        • Feb 2015

as far as I know, it doesn't. If you're using the right adapter, it should work out of the box.

are you saying the setpoint was 5 degrees and the measured temp was 16 degrees by the way?

Comment

• Cchris
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Nov 2015

Was the actual temperature of the lounge above or below 16 degrees?

The temp displayed on the HR92 by default is the set temperature at the point in time. If it was showing 16 degrees and the lounge was below 16 degrees then it would be open and calling for heat.

I believe if you pop the batteries and reinstall it will do a cycle to learn the stops. It may be possible that when the HR92 was first installed the pin was sticky and now it has freed up. Remove valve, make sure pin moves freely, reinstall valve and reinsert batteries would be my suggestion if indeed it is not closing and it wasn't just down to the schedule being wrong.

Comment

• electronicsuk
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Sep 2015

Had the same problem in my master bedroom, just unlocked and removed the HR92, spun the top of the valve assembly fully counter-clockwise and refitted the HR92. It ran through a cycle and has, touch wood, been fine since.

Comment

Working...
            X