• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aike
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Nov 2015

Temperature sensor with no binding to an Actuator

Hello,

First of all, my apologies if my english is not perfect (there are tons of good information of this webiste compared to other europeen webistes !).

I am going to install next week an Evohome system at my place.
    I already bought :
    - the "Command Center" (Honeywell THR993RT pack with 3 THR),
    - the 5A remote switch for the boiler (Honeywell BDR91A1000),
    - 4 more THR092

I m right now supplying thermostatic valves because mine were not M30x1,5mm and no compatible adaptor exists (sort of M28x~1mm...).

In my bathroom, i have a "towel dryer rail" linked the water heating plumbing.
    If possible, i would prefer not installing a THR092 on the tower dryer (space and interfaces problem).
    What i would like to do is to let open all the time the towel rail so that it is hot when the boiler is activated by any of the TRV (and moreover it will act as a "safety valve" for the boiler pump).
    But, i would like also to make sure that the bathroom is hot when required even if the TRV did not activate the boilier.
    So i was thinking on buying a Wireless Room Thermostats (Y87RF2024) to link the Evohome system, that will basicly trigger the boiler.
    But i read on the "http://youlearn.honeywelluk.com/topic/chapter-2-topic-8" that "The room thermostat operates as a temperature sensing device but it must be paired with a radiator controller in the zone that acts as the actuator for the zone." The "must" is a problem here, as i dont want it to be linked to anything else from the evohome/boiler.

So my question is the following : Can i set a zone in the evohome system, controled by the Y87RF2024, without any actuator ?
    Or / And, Should i use another sensor to do the job ? Like the Room Temperature Sensor (HCW82) or the Room Temperature Sensor (HCF82) ?

Thank you very much for your advice.
  • electronicsuk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

I doubt you can do it, if I remember correctly then you need to set up a sensor and an actuator for the zone before the evo touchscreen will let you complete the device binding process. Even if that's true, you could have am dummy actuator sat in a cupboard doing nothing, but it seems silly to spend that money and then not use it.
    Last edited by electronicsuk; 2 November 2015, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• Cchris
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Nov 2015

Maybe use the actuator but also alter the stroke so it is always slightly open?

That way a bit of heat always goes through to keep towels warm, and it will open full bore when you want to actually heat the room?

Comment

• Aike
        Automated Home Lurker
        • Nov 2015

Hello,

Both ideas can be helpful :
        1/ The dummy is actually a good idea. If i cant fit the actuator i will use that option. It s a shame though to "waste" almost a hundred euros...
        2/ If i can manage to find enought space to put the actuator i will use your idea to let it slightly open.

Thanks for you advices

Comment

Working...
        X