Thread: Video not working at all

Automated Home Sr Member

Default Video not working at all

Hi guys,

The ip camera was working fine, but the stream seems to have stopped getting to Cortex (the "Live" view on the video window is just black). Looking at the video files it stopped working sometime in the week of 19th October, so I'm not sure what might have changed (I haven't changed anything deliberately).

The camera is an MJPEG and from a browser on the same machine I can see the jpegs if I enter the same URL as the "configure source" tab, so I don't think it's a networking/device thing.

I've checked the files and no video files are being stored either, so I don't think it's a problem with the viewer.

I'm not sure if I was meant to change anything for V27? Could you give me any video troubleshooting tips you may have.

Thank you!

Peter

I don't think anything has changed wrt to the camera object and certainly the ones I have connected are working as normal and haven't needed any changes after Cortex updates. You can try the following open test camera: http://webkamera.kristinehamn.se/axi...lution=640x480 which I just confirmed myself this morning. If it initially shows a black window click n the Show Video button. Ths doesn't need a username or password but if yours does then might be worth re-typing these in.

Automated Home Sr Member

Thanks Karam.

In an act of desperation I stopped the network and restarted Cortex - I'm all back to normal now! No idea what happened, but I should have listened to my pc support 101 training!