• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mafj
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2016

Originally posted by rotor View Post
    I really appreciate the effort you put into this, but I am going to stick with the 10 way junction box. It will be 100x easier to troubleshoot while I'm setting it up, not to mention supporting/troubleshooting later in life when I add/remove stuff from the system.

Thanks again for your help!
    Years ago when I fitted this, I simply connected HW BRD91 instead of CYL thermostat, CH BRD91 instead of manual hallway thermostat. I needed to borrow live or neutral from existing junction box.
    Anyway, I did it in two steps - CH first, and HW bit later once I got to it.

I set programmer to always ON to have Honeywell take control.

Comment

• Justino
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Oct 2020

I have a similar setup, a controller, with heating permanently on, with heating controlled off a programmable stat- my plan is to not touch the wiring centre, and just use the wiring that presently goes to the room stat and controller, and connect them to the respective BRD91s.

Other than live and neutral to each BRD91, there would appear to be only 3 other wires that need connecting in total, so seems fairly straightforward. I have mapped the cables that go to the stat and controller, to which connection on the BRD91 they will go to, hopefully this will then be a stress free install.

Comment

Working...
      X