• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Speedychuck
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Oct 2015

Remotely located hr92

I have a towel rail in my bathroom with nice square valves that match my taps. There is no trv and I don't really want to change one of the valves and spoil the clean look. HR92's are a bit ugly.

I live in a chalet bungalow and the pipe work runs through my eaves to the towel rail. Can I remotely locate an HR92 in the eaves on the pipework feeding that one towel rail, then use a T87RF2025 mounted on the wall in the room as the sensor?
  • erik
    Automated Home Guru
    • Feb 2015

I've read about people using a HR92 like that in underfloor heating, so it's possible. But you need to do some plumbing.

Comment

• Speedychuck
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Oct 2015

Thanks, that's good. I'm ok with the plumbing, I plumbed the whole house myself anyway. I just wanted o know if it was possible. I'll buy a straight TRV and give it a try.

Comment

• Speedychuck
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Oct 2015

That's interesting fursty ferret. Aside from the hard wired supply, what would be the benefits of this system over the hr92? As far as I can see, what you have suggested will not have any modulating control, just on/off for the radiator.

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Speedychuck View Post
          I have a towel rail in my bathroom with nice square valves that match my taps. There is no trv and I don't really want to change one of the valves and spoil the clean look. HR92's are a bit ugly.

I live in a chalet bungalow and the pipe work runs through my eaves to the towel rail. Can I remotely locate an HR92 in the eaves on the pipework feeding that one towel rail, then use a T87RF2025 mounted on the wall in the room as the sensor?
          yes you can
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

Working...
          X