Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EvoHome acting up?

Automated Home Legend

Have you tried increasing the window detection threshold in the HR92's settings ?

Windec defaults to 0.6 degrees, try increasing that and it should decrease the window detection sensitivity. You could also set win time to 0 to disable it altogether if you don't want window detection.

It seems very unlikely to be several faulty devices. Window detection is based on the rate of temperature drop - anything that causes a small yet very sudden drop in measured temperature could cause it, and being next to a hot radiator won't necessarily have any bearing on the matter as it is the rate of drop not the absolute temperature that it uses.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    Have you tried increasing the window detection threshold in the HR92's settings ?

Windec defaults to 0.6 degrees, try increasing that and it should decrease the window detection sensitivity. You could also set win time to 0 to disable it altogether if you don't want window detection.
    I think I called it differential temperature but actually I was thinking of the window detection thresold... I might check it out later, even if there are rooms in which the open window detection is not sensitive enough (it could take more than 5 minutes when I open my bedroom window before it kicks in). Yet other corners of my house have this triggering on their own

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    It seems very unlikely to be several faulty devices. Window detection is based on the rate of temperature drop - anything that causes a small yet very sudden drop in measured temperature could cause it, and being next to a hot radiator won't necessarily have any bearing on the matter as it is the rate of drop not the absolute temperature that it uses.
    More than being "hot", my kitchen radiatoris "large" and the HR92 is cornred out between the radiator itself, a wall and under the window sill, so I would expect some temperature inertia.

The temperature drop is what I'm trying to figure out. Having noticed this "effect" for no appearent reason (no open Windows or doors, sometimes I was out of my house as well so no air movement whatsoever) I thought it may have been related to the setpoint change at scheduled times (as earlier in my living room) or a quick action sent via controller or app (as in the first post of this thread, when I tried to shut my heating system off and on again because temperature wasn't increasing). Since it's been told in other posts that some EvoHome components tend to "lie" about temperature, showing a value that's rounded towards the setpoint, this could lead to a SHOWN temperature drop of a full 1C if, for example, the actual temp was 20.5 and the setpoint changed from 21 (actual temperature 20,5, rounded up to 21 shown) to 18 (actual temperature still 20.5 as before, rounded down to 20 shown). So, if the "windec" is based on SHOWN temperature, this could explain the behaviour when setpoint falls more than 1C.

Yet other "bugs" are still to be explained:

- my living room HR92 not being locked when all the rest was (after a few minutes, that HR92 was actually locked, and I did not touch setttings on the controller... )
    - my kitchen HR92 showing an open window even without a setpoint change. It might have been me walking by and causing hot air that usually stagnates around the valve to be blown away, causing an actual temerature drop... Didn't think to be walking that fast in my house! I'll try moving th air on purpose, using a cloth to fan the hot air away, to see if it could cause the window detection to trigger.
    - the first reason for which I posted... temperature was, say, 12 when I turned my heating on, it raised to 18 and stopped, and started to decrease... As if the boiler was locked or something, that's why I tried to turn everything off then on again (a "full reset" button on the controller and on the apps would be nice sometimes).

That's why I'm interested in some way to check logs to know what's going on... I might get an HGI80 as a Christmas present for myself and start logging by myself...