• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • guyank
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

Evohome reset learning on single zone

I asked this question previously in another thread. It probably wasn't the right place for it, hence why I didn't get an answer.

I have a problem with one zone where a lot of air had collected in the radiator and I was using the Evotouch as the sensor. Inevitably things were put in front of it and the system now thinks this zone takes much longer to warm up than it does. I've reverted to using the HR92 as the temperature sensor, but does anyone know how I can reset the learning for this zone so that it doesn't come on 2 hours before it needs to?

Thanks

Guyan
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Originally posted by guyank View Post
    I asked this question previously in another thread. It probably wasn't the right place for it, hence why I didn't get an answer.

I have a problem with one zone where a lot of air had collected in the radiator and I was using the Evotouch as the sensor. Inevitably things were put in front of it and the system now thinks this zone takes much longer to warm up than it does. I've reverted to using the HR92 as the temperature sensor, but does anyone know how I can reset the learning for this zone so that it doesn't come on 2 hours before it needs to?

Thanks

Guyan
    no need to do anything it will adapt
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• guyank
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Sep 2015

I appreciate that it will adapt, but can it be made to do so any quicker? It's been a week now and that zone is still coming on at 0430 (because I've now restricted optimum start to 2 hours vice 3).

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

I appreciate that it will adapt, but can it be made to do so any quicker? It's been a week now and that zone is still coming on at 0430 (because I've now restricted optimum start to 2 hours vice 3).
        turn off optimum start for a few days

Comment

• guyank
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Sep 2015

I appreciate that this will stop it coming on too early, but its not really a solution as it means that all the zones will now only come on at the setpoint time. If there is no way to do it, so be it it, but rather than just waiting for it to adapt of turning optimisation off for the whole house, I hoped there would be a way to force a single zon to relearn.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

What about deleting the zone and then re-creating it?

Comment

• top brake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Feb 2015

I appreciate that this will stop it coming on too early, but its not really a solution as it means that all the zones will now only come on at the setpoint time. If there is no way to do it, so be it it, but rather than just waiting for it to adapt of turning optimisation off for the whole house, I hoped there would be a way to force a single zon to relearn.
              i suggested turning optimization off then on again after a few days.

you could also try recreating the zone as Paul suggested

Comment

• guyank
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Sep 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                I hadn't thought of that. I'll probably give that a try although I'll have to re-create the schedule. As a slight aside, I have all the zones manual override disabled due to the fiddling hands of a toddler. If I were to delete it without enabling the override, is this recoverable?

Comment

• top brake
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Feb 2015

If I were to delete it without enabling the override, is this recoverable?
                  yes when you have deleted the zone on the evo simply remove the batteries in the HR92 and they will now be unlocked

Comment

• guyank
                    Automated Home Sr Member
                    • Sep 2015

Originally posted by paulockenden View Post
                    Interestingly, this didn't seem to work. I will just have to wait.

Comment

• guyank
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Sep 2015

So I have now tried waiting (for over 3 weeks), deleting and then re-binding the zone and turning optimisation off for a week. Last night I turned optimisation back on and what should happen at 0430 this morning? The kitchen radiator came on. Any ideas?

Comment

• HenGus
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • May 2014

I am guessing here but you could delete and rebuild 2 zones and switch the HR92s to see what happens.

Comment

• top brake
                          Automated Home Legend
                          • Feb 2015

So I have now tried waiting (for over 3 weeks), deleting and then re-binding the zone and turning optimisation off for a week. Last night I turned optimisation back on and what should happen at 0430 this morning? The kitchen radiator came on. Any ideas?
                          this is as expected, it needs to go through learning process. if you want to set a limit to the preheat time you can set this

Comment

• guyank
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Sep 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                            this is as expected, it needs to go through learning process. if you want to set a limit to the preheat time you can set this
                            But every other zone is responding as I would expect it to. They are coming on at the correct time to achieve the correct temperature by the set point time, despite taking between 2 hours and 30 mins to achieve this.

Comment

• HenGus
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • May 2014

But every other zone is responding as I would expect it to. They are coming on at the correct time to achieve the correct temperature by the set point time, despite taking between 2 hours and 30 mins to achieve this.
                              I am not a plumber but it be that this particular radiator is just very slow to heat up? Might there still be an air lock in one the connecting pipes? Occam's Razor.

Comment

Working...
                              X