• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dkleeman
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Apr 2012

Evohome: hot water secondary loop control

Hi everyone. I have a relatively new Evohome system which generally seems to work. We have a secondary loop for domestic hot water driven by a dedicated secondary pump (sometimes known as a bronze pump). We are using the wireless DHW stat clamped on a pipe just outside the tank and my question is how we drive the secondary pump at all times when the DHW demand is on? I cannot see an output for DHW demand and at present the pump is taking a live feed from the DHW valve circuit but this is not our desired behaviour.

Dan
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

it is not possible to configure evohome to control secondary circulators

recommend a bronze pump connected to a timer or one of the grundfoss intelligent secondary circulators that have a pipe sensor
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• paulockenden
      Automated Home Legend
      • Apr 2015

Id you are a bit of a tinkerer it would be very easy to do this with a Raspberry Pi or similar. Loop every 10 mins querying the TCC server. If DHW is on then run the pump. Wire this in parallel with the BDR91, else the 10 minute cycle means your boiler might run for a while without water being pumped through it, which wouldn't be nice!

P.

Comment

• MrB
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Oct 2015

Or even the new Raspberry Pi Zero - unbelievable cost of £5 (or a tenner if you want some cables as well). Managed to get 2 of them before they all sold out (all 20,000 of them).

The ultimate IoT board... having them as slaves to a full Rasp.Pi 2 is the way to go...

Comment

• dkleeman
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Apr 2012

Thanks all. I have fitted an old timer. Very high tech!
          Last edited by dkleeman; 5 December 2015, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X