X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VvrooomM
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Dec 2015

I've come down to zone valve on each room with rad valve as remote temp sensor. Have now lost the rad valve control options though and cannot lock them out etc???? I've also now got a solid red light with two flashes of green on the CH BDR. ???? Replace one problem with another it seems.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

Make sure you cleared binding on all devices. Factory reset and reboot evohome. Go through guided config. If you're still stuck please draw your system and wiring, take pictures and I will advise. Thanks
      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• VvrooomM
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Dec 2015

Oh man, that means rebuilding all my room profiles. That took an age yesterday. Will draw out my system over the weekend.

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Ok we will do it piece by piece so you don't lose your zones.

Comment

• Clarkson
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Dec 2015

Same issue??

Originally posted by top brake View Post
            I think you need to reassign your HEATING relay as a BOILER RELAY

then the heat demand from any zone will energise the BOILER RELAY

the radiator zones should be configured as ZONE VALVE heating zone types

make sense?
            I've read this post with interest as I have a similar problem. My heating system has two heating zone valves (upstairs/downstairs) and a hot water v/v. All works well with the Evohome controller acting as sensor for downstairs and a remote stat for upstairs.

I now want to add individual control to some radiators. So if I add a zone upstairs I need the TRV to open the upstairs v/v and downstairs, the downstairs v/v.

After reading this, I think I need to rewire the v/vs so they operate together with one BDR and use it as a boiler relay? Or, is it possible to have two boiler start relays?

Cheers,

Dave

Comment

• VvrooomM
              Automated Home Sr Member
              • Dec 2015

image.jpgimage.jpg
              Hope this makes sense. I've simplified it where possible as some of the wiring centre terminal are linked due number of cables.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                Automated Home Sr Member
                • Dec 2015

That's not uploaded very clearly at all. Any suggestions?

Comment

• VvrooomM
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Dec 2015

I've gone back to factory. The evo home was full of actuator errors this morning. When I try to bind each zone/room (there are 8 rad controllers) with the BDR it throws the solid red with flashing green after the fourth bind. I'm rapidly regretting this purchase and I've invested heavily.

Comment

• top brake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Feb 2015

I'll look at your drawing later.

Sounds like you need to simplify your system.

You don't need to multiple bind the BDR only needs binding once. either at boiler relay, or heating valve or as a heating zone. There's a fundamental misunderstanding here that will be best be resolved by going through the youlearn.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Dec 2015

I've been through the you learn, you suggested I drop the 8 rooms with rad controllers down to the zone level. I've reset and gone through guided config. It asks how many zones. I've got 8 rad controllers and one wireless stat for underfloor so selected 9. It then asks the remote sensor to be bound which has to be the rad controller, it then wants the zone valve which must mean BDR as there is nothing left. By the time I get to zone/room 4 the BDR shows red.

Comment

• top brake
                        Automated Home Legend
                        • Feb 2015

Ok your drawing is overcomplicati g it. You're turning a wireless control system into a wired hybrid? There is a wiring diagram in the appendix of the evohome installation manual that show splan wiring so you don't need to reinvent. Your underfloor heating needs a separate BDR91.

I think the only way to resolve is to grab a pot of coffee and go through the youlearn and the manual. If you're still stuck on Monday can arrange for a support agent to call you.

Comment

• VvrooomM
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Dec 2015

My underfloor has a seperate BDR. 1xHW 1xCH 1xUF

How do I rest the HR92's so I can bind from scratch???

Comment

• VvrooomM
                            Automated Home Sr Member
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                            Ok your drawing is overcomplicati g it. You're turning a wireless control system into a wired hybrid? There is a wiring diagram in the appendix of the evohome installation manual that show splan wiring so you don't need to reinvent. Your underfloor heating needs a separate BDR91.

I think the only way to resolve is to grab a pot of coffee and go through the youlearn and the manual. If you're still stuck on Monday can arrange for a support agent to call you.
                            How have I reinvented? I just drew it as clearly as possible?

Comment

• top brake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Feb 2015

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents...stallation.pdf See fig 9 in appendix. He orange wire from ufh zone valve not needed. When ever there is a heat demand from any zone the heating relay will energise and open the heating zone valve

Comment

• top brake
                                Automated Home Legend
                                • Feb 2015

And ufh zone valve should be wired as per fig 7

Comment

Working...
                                X