• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rwhites
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Dec 2015

Evohome economy mode query

Hi all.
    I'm new here, and have had a good search for an answer to this question, but I've not managed to find anything...

I've been using the Evohome system since 2012, first with the monochrome version, and now with an early colour-screen version with the remote gateway (I'm not sure how to refer to it).

My issue has existed since I started to used the current version... In a nutshell, I've not found a way to use the economy mode at the same time as one of the other special modes. Eg, if using 'day off', and wanting to put the system into economy mode for a couple of hours, it doesn't appear to be possible.

Am I missing some thing here? I'm sure I could do it with the monochrome version. I did ask Honeywell's helpline, but they didn't seem to understand the problem.

Can anyone help?
  • electronicsuk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Sep 2015

You're right, it isn't possible, because evohome seems to consider economy mode in the same way as any other mode. To my mind, it would make far more sense if economy was considered a separate entity, as it is concerned with the adjustment of temperature only and does nothing to the timing of the schedule. It would also help me a lot as I use IFTTT to automatically switch on economy mode when I'm out of the house, meaning that whatever other mode I had set before is lost and must be manually selected again on my return.

Comment

• Rwhites
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Dec 2015

Ok. Thanks. Not just me then!

Does anyone know if this functionality is ever going to be available in an upgrade? Like I said, this is a frustrating step backwards, as the monochrome version allowed the economy mode to overlay on top of the other special modes as far as I can recall.

Speaking of upgrades... I've seen another thread from six months or so ago saying nothing was in the pipeline, but does anyone know if we ever will get upgrade functionality?

Comment

Working...
      X