• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

Evohome HR92 Installation issue with pin travel

I have just bought four HR92 units, and fitted them (i think well) with the adapters fully clicking down the valve head. The units were fitted with a full anti clockwise set of the black drive wheel before mounting the head, and they cycle with no errors.

But when set to off on all four radiators they fail to shut off the supply. I think they restrict it, the radiators SEEM a little less hot, but definitely still being heated.

I have checked valve pin travel and they seem to move some 5-7 mm. Is this normal? I have tried the hammer approach and this has not helped, so am a bit stuck,. I know that the valves are not that expensive, but don't want to replacement them if there are any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

...Jon.
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

You can change the stroke. Parameter 6 - I think. Before doing so, it might be helpful if you posted your TRV type.

From the HR92 Manual

Check the Radiator Controller is properly installed on the radiator valve and adaptor.
    Check that the valve can be manually opened and closed (see Emergency operation on page 17).
    Remove the blockage or replace seized valve.
    Change the valve stroke parameter to full-stroke mode (Parameter 6).
    Last edited by HenGus; 7 December 2015, 09:32 PM. Reason: Addtl info

Comment

• basiluk
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2008

OK, set actuator to full stroke on two radiators, same lack of shutting off. Not cross threaded, adapter firmly on valve. Pictures attached.image2.jpgimage1.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpg

Comment

• SensibleHeatUK
        • Feb 2009

You have not fitter the adapter properly and it is sitting too high in the valve body. If you open the adapter up and push it down it will seat fully on the valve you will find the actuator will operate correctly.
        Sensible Heat
        SensibleHeat.co.uk

Comment

• roydonaldson
          Automated Home Guru
          • Jan 2013

That's the exact same problem I had when I initially fitted my HR92's. The adaptor ring needs to fit fully down, however, when you first fit them, it feels like they are going to break. You need to fit them to the radiator without the screw/nut in place to allow the adaptor to open fully. I found that if I pushed them down, then took a flat blade screwdriver, inserted this in the slot where the adaptor opens at the screw and then twisted this slightly to open the adaptor up a little more, it would then slip over and fit securely to the radiator. You then put the screw and nut in place to hold it. Once, I did this, they controlled the radiators perfectly.

Just be careful doing it, as I snapped one adaptor doing this. But, they do go one.

Roy.

Comment

• basiluk
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Oct 2008

Brilliant advice folks, thanks so much. I was being too careful. Perfect fit as I rushed to do this whilst leaving for work today. Much better fit and sure thus will solve the issue!

Comment

Working...
            X