• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

App issues

Over the last few days I have found that I am frequently asked for my login ID and password. This was an issue some months back and am not aware of an update. Anybody else having this problem? Oh, and Honeywell still does not know where I am despite being in a vey well known city in NE England!
  • HenGus
    Automated Home Legend
    • May 2014

Same with me on my IPad but not my IPhone. It started happening after the latest IOS update. Likewise, weather info still missing.

Comment

• Mavis
      Automated Home Ninja
      • Oct 2014

No problem here. I have not had to log in at all on either iPad or iPhone. App appears fine on everything .... Except if I go into settings and location the app kicks me out on both iPad and iPhone.

Comment

• top brake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Feb 2015

am investigating, stand by
        I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• G4RHL
          Automated Home Legend
          • Jan 2015

Originally posted by top brake View Post
          am investigating, stand by
          It has happened again, 2 minutes ago. The app was already open on my iPhone, I adjusted the temperature of three rooms on it, then got two separate messages to say that the instructions had not got through for two of the rooms, went to try again and the app logged itself out asking for my ID and password again. There would be no reason for the instructions to change settings not to get through, one had anyway but the wireless signal is strong. I suspect though that the failure to instruct is more probably due to a problem with the app wanting me to log in again. It managed the first instruction but by the second realised it needed a fresh log in.

Comment

• HenGus
            Automated Home Legend
            • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
            It has happened again, 2 minutes ago. The app was already open on my iPhone, I adjusted the temperature of three rooms on it, then got two separate messages to say that the instructions had not got through for two of the rooms, went to try again and the app logged itself out asking for my ID and password again. There would be no reason for the instructions to change settings not to get through, one had anyway but the wireless signal is strong. I suspect though that the failure to instruct is more probably due to a problem with the app wanting me to log in again. It managed the first instruction but by the second realised it needed a fresh log in.
            Are you running IOS 9 Beta? I have it on my iPad which has had sign out issues but not on my IPhone which has been OK.

Comment

• paulockenden
              Automated Home Legend
              • Apr 2015

It might be related to the server errors (response code 500) being seen with the V2 API.

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                Are you running IOS 9 Beta? I have it on my iPad which has had sign out issues but not on my IPhone which has been OK.
                No IOS 9.2 on both iPad and iPhone. I also had the problem with IOS 9.1. But I am the reverse of you. On my iPad it's fine and no issues apart from the standard location one, it is the iPhone where the problems occur. A pain as because it never used to happen my login data was not in my brain so have to keep looking it up!

Comment

• emmeesse68
                  Automated Home Guru
                  • Dec 2014

I tend to have similar issues with my Lumia (not official app) when my phone is on a bad cellular connection. On a good network or on wi-fi the issue does not appear, so I'm tempted to correlate it to bad networks.

I'm testing with my work iPad and iPhones, but usually I use them at work where I have a good wifi, and I didn't notice the issue. I might check out later 2nite, driving home, passing well-known network bad spots, to see if the issue appears...

Comment

• G4RHL
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Jan 2015

My iPad and iPhone are/were side by side on the same network each with a good connection so not sure the issue is signal related. It was fine three days ago.

Comment

• paulockenden
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Apr 2015

The API issues are intermittent, so it might lead you to suspect that one device works OK but another doesn't. But that could just be coincidence.

Others have posted details of the up/down frequency.

P.

Comment

Working...
                      X