• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • basiluk
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2008

Rad controller linking

Have set up my zones fine, but cannot see how to select which radiator controller should act as the sensor when there are two or more in a zone - MUst be easy?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

As far as I know it will be the first one that you bind to the zone. It will then ask you if you want to bind "additional" radiator controllers to the zone after binding the first. These will be the slave units that only behave as actuators not as a temperature sensor.

So if you have done them in the wrong order remove all bindings from the zone (and clear the bindings on the radiator valves themselves) and re-add them again making sure to add the one you want as the temperature sensor first. (You also need to make sure you are in single room mode for that zone otherwise all the radiator controllers will use their own temperature sensors)

Comment

• basiluk
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
      As far as I know it will be the first one that you bind to the zone. It will then ask you if you want to bind "additional" radiator controllers to the zone after binding the first. These will be the slave units that only behave as actuators not as a temperature sensor.

So if you have done them in the wrong order remove all bindings from the zone (and clear the bindings on the radiator valves themselves) and re-add them again making sure to add the one you want as the temperature sensor first. (You also need to make sure you are in single room mode for that zone otherwise all the radiator controllers will use their own temperature sensors)
      Thanks - Can you tell me what single room mode is ?

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

According to the documentation in single room mode there is only one temperature sensor for a zone - this can be one of the HR92's (the first one bound to the zone) or a remote wall sensor. This communicates the room temperature to the evotouch which then re-distributes the measurement to the individual HR92's in the zone so that they can each make appropriate adjustments to their own radiator to help maintain the wanted temperature. So, one temperature sensor, multiple actuators that respond based on that one measurement.

In multi room mode all HR92's in the zone use their own internal sensor to measure their own local temperature (I don't think you can use a remote wall sensor in this mode) and make independent adjustments to the radiator valve accordingly, however they all still share one desired set point for the zone at the controller.

An example would be two bedrooms configured as a single "multi-room" zone - if you set that zone to 18 degrees then the system will try to bring both rooms to 18 degrees by measuring the temperature of each room independently and adjusting each radiator independently to do so.

A multi-room zone could be used in a single room if you had a particularly large or asymmetrical room such as an open plan living room where measuring the temperature in multiple locations might be beneficial to even out the temperature in the room, however you can not use a single room zone across multiple rooms.
        Last edited by DBMandrake; 25 December 2015, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• basiluk
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2008

Thanks. Very useful reply.

Comment

• paulockenden
            Automated Home Legend
            • Apr 2015

I notice you can set a zone as multi room, yet still use a wall mount temp sensor. How does that work then? Or is allowing this configuration a 'bug'?

P
            Last edited by paulockenden; 26 December 2015, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Don't know - and I don't have any wall mount sensors or multiple radiator zones (yet) to test it.

Comment

Working...
              X