• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisgare
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2013

Lots of 'battery fault' errors.

I have had lots of battery fault messages recently. The funny thing is that it seems to happen once a day and is corrected - restored - within a minute or two.

Are these real battery faults and if so why are they restored so quickly. Weird!

Chris
  • paulockenden
    Automated Home Legend
    • Apr 2015

Temperature related, perhaps?

Comment

• HenGus
      Automated Home Legend
      • May 2014

Out of interest, does it tell you which battery (HR92) needs replacing? What happens in a multi-TRV zone?

Comment

• chrisgare
        Automated Home Guru
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
        Out of interest, does it tell you which battery (HR92) needs replacing? What happens in a multi-TRV zone?
        Actually, no it doesn't. As I have three multi-actuator zones this is a bit of a pain.

Chris

Comment

• crh
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Oct 2014

i've had this in three of my zones recently and had to replace the shipwith batteries. The system is about 12 months old

Comment

• G4RHL
            Automated Home Legend
            • Jan 2015

Originally posted by crh View Post
            i've had this in three of my zones recently and had to replace the shipwith batteries. The system is about 12 months old
            Monday I had to replace batteries in two zones. In one there are two TRVs and I was replacing the original batteries that came with the HR92s just over a year ago. The other zone it was the third replacement in the same time. The zone where the batteries lasted 12 months is my living room where there will be frequent changes of temperature. The other zone is a spare bedroom where the temperature is set to 10C as it is little used and thus the radiator rarely comes on. I suppose I need to recheck signal strength although the HR92 in my spare bedroom is currently nearer the control panel than those in the lounge. Could of course be battery quality.

After another trial I still find optimisation of no use!

Comment

• Mavis
              Automated Home Ninja
              • Oct 2014

I have just had to replace one of the bedroom batteries yesterday (and managed to strip the top of the screws holding the battery compartment - how come we have a garage full to the brim of every tool known to man yet I can never find a screwdriver to fit what I want ). I had no warnings until yesterday and then had 3 faults and restores within an hour. (Luckily it happened after I got in last night).

These replaced the original batteries (install August 2014) and are the second HR92 batteries I have replaced - the last back in September.

I am thinking that I may just replace all of them over the next few weeks. (I bought the Duracell Ultras)

Comment

• G4RHL
                Automated Home Legend
                • Jan 2015

Am puzzled. How come you strip a screw changing batteries? I have none to undo when I change batteries, just take of the end cap, but no screws to undo.

Comment

• HenGus
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • May 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
                  Am puzzled. How come you strip a screw changing batteries? I have none to undo when I change batteries, just take of the end cap, but no screws to undo.
                  They come with two small security screws for HR92 installation in public places.

Comment

• Mavis
                    Automated Home Ninja
                    • Oct 2014

Originally posted by HenGus View Post
                    They come with two small security screws for HR92 installation in public places.

http://www.honeywelluk.com/documents...eet%5B1%5D.pdf
                    Yes and my installer fitted them all. I am not putting them back in!

Comment

• G4RHL
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Jan 2015

..and I have never noticed!

Comment

Working...
                      X