• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

Gateway not reconnecting after an Internet outage

I have recently configured things so that in the early hours of the morning one day a week my broadband connection is switched off for 15 minutes and then back on again. The Evohome Gateway naturally looses its Internet connection for those 15 minutes but I notice that as a result the Evohome Gateway does not always reconnect to the Internet. Thus if I forget to pause this setup, so it does not happen when away from home, I cannot access my heating remotely to switch it on, and economy modes off, as I start my journey back.

Sounds like a bug in the Gateway that needs a firmware update so that if the Internet connection is lost it does try to find it again every so often. It is possible the bug exists in the new WiFi Control Panel that now replaces the Gateway, perhaps someone with the new one can check. I cannot recollect seeing this happen if there is a complete power out and all goes off and comes back on but must check that again.
  • G4RHL
    Automated Home Legend
    • Jan 2015

An update. I have tried to replicate the problem but can't. I assume it was something to do with server update that occurred at that time.

Comment

Working...
    X