• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexc
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Apr 2013

Android app

The new Android app looks a great addition - thanks! I'm having a problem trying it out. Any ideas why I might be getting this?

image-1824255384.jpg
  • Karam
    Automated Home Legend
    • Mar 2005

Not quite sure what that one is yet, but a few things to be aware of in terms of settings:

- In Tools | Cortex API menu you should have the webAPI Enabled check box ticked

- Right click on the Notice board object which you are using and go to its Web Server settings. Ensure that the Web Enabled box is ticked and that the Control Allowed, Viewing Allowed and Web API check boxes are ticked for the user which you have allocated for the Web API access.

Presume your Cortex notice board object is displaying something in the main message area is it? The Date and Time settings of the Notice board object (Notice Board Screen Options) are redundant for this App so should just be unticked and the height pulled down to zero (though this will have no bearing on what you see in the App it will give a more accurate representation in the Cortex view)

Comment

• Alexc
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Apr 2013

Thanks Karam - working now.

I hadn't noticed the Tools | Cortex API setting, but I had also entered the URL without http:// and it needs that!

Working fine now.

Comment

• Karam
        Automated Home Legend
        • Mar 2005

Yes I'm sorry, its a bit rough and ready so not much error checking. I have updated the guide document to include the Web API settings mentioned above but I suppose there may be one or two other hurdles which people might encounter before they get it working. Probably working with the notice board is more complicated than say connecting to a DFP display (for which I do also have an experimental app), but I felt the notice board offered more versatility e.g. not limited to the line lengths of the DFP.

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
          Automated Home Legend
          • Dec 2007

we've got it working here, too ... great addition !

ours is not showing the right time, though - and it seems to be an Android (KitKat) problem ...

ie: whatever timezone we set up, within ten seconds or so the tablet resets itself to Azores (GMT-1) time ...

top-right of the screen then shows Azores time, and the App shows New York time ...

our work-around is to un-tick network time settings & set the time manually to four hours ahead of GMT ...

then the App shows the right time, Android time is misleading, accuracy will probably drift, and there'll be no auto-update for daylight saving ...

anyone else had this, or know what we might be doing wrong, by any chance ?
          Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

• chris_j_hunter
            Automated Home Legend
            • Dec 2007

to reply to my own ... have since powered down & up (just that, not a reboot) and on one tablet the offset went away, and on another (which had a much larger offset) it reduced to just one hour ...

Googling again, it seems some people have had this problem with Android, somewhat randomly, over the last year or two, some noting it goes away after a while, but without identifying a cure ...

so looks like the answer is to power down & up, perhaps a few times !
            Last edited by chris_j_hunter; 19 January 2016, 12:09 PM.
            Our self-build - going further with HA...

Comment

Working...
            X