Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comms fault , living room, actuator

Automated Home Legend

Unless you do really have a zone valve you should be choosing radiator valve.

A zone valve is controlled by a BDR91 relay - so what did you bind your "zone valve" to when you configured it ?? If you have bound this to the same BDR91 that controls the boiler heat demand then you have a double binding that will cause you problems, and probably comms faults. Also it will prevent the HR92's from being able to call for heat.

You should clear the bindings on those HR92's (at the HR92's themselves) and clear all bindings from your boiler control relay, (15+ second press) re-configure the zone as radiator controls on the controller and rebind to the HR92's, then rebind your boiler relay for heat demand in system settings.

Automated Home Jr Member

Ok I've got that, Where I was getting confused was at what point to bind the DTS92 to the zone I assumed first, I rebound the boiler relay yesterday after I moved it but will release and redo it when I get home tomorrow morning in case I have double bound it, No zone valve in my system I just thought that the DTS 92 might be treated as a zone valve by the software. I want the DTS 92 to be the primary actuator that controls the 3 HR92s. In this zone This is what happens when you overthink something !

Oddly though as the 3 HR92s were still bound with the the zone seems to operate correctly, This is a learning curve for me to say the least coming from a traditional dial stat in the hall and TRV installation background.

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

The DTS92 is a sensor, not an actuator. At actuator is something that moves, like a valve. That might be confusing you.

When you edit a zone, the last option on the first page is the sensor. Here you can bind your little square box.

P.

Automated Home Jr Member

Making myself appear quite dumb here aren't I ! So it doesn't matter at which point I bind the DTS92 to the zone ? I bind the 3 HR92s as normal and use the DTS as remote sensor ?

Automated Home Legend paulockenden's Avatar

Not dumb at all - there's a lot of new terminology to get used to.

I'd do it by creating a zone with the three rad valves, then edit the zone to swap the sensor over to the room sensor. Oh, and make sure the zone is set as single room. I'm not sure what happens when you have a multi room zone with a separate sensor bound, but the configuration doesn't make sense.

Automated Home Jr Member

That's great thanks for all your help folks 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Felkin123 View Post
    Making myself appear quite dumb here aren't I ! So it doesn't matter at which point I bind the DTS92 to the zone ? I bind the 3 HR92s as normal and use the DTS as remote sensor ?
    When you 'ADD ZONE' on the evohome Controller and choose 'RADIATOR CONTROLLER' as your heating type, it will always ask you to press the BIND button on the 'sensor' first - this is the point you add your sensor for the zone be it a DTS92, T87RF, HCF82 or a HR92. No need to add the sensor once you have configured things, that just confuses the binding process IMHO (if I did that here each time I pre-bound a system my rates would go up lol).

Every day is a school day, so don't feel you can't ask questions (there is lots of support for evohome out there)

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    When you 'ADD ZONE' on the evohome Controller and choose 'RADIATOR CONTROLLER' as your heating type, it will always ask you to press the BIND button on the 'sensor' first - this is the point you add your sensor for the zone be it a DTS92, T87RF, HCF82 or a HR92. No need to add the sensor once you have configured things, that just confuses the binding process IMHO :

Brilliant and clear advice/instructions,

Cleared all bindings, deleted zone, started again as per above advice, Job done, Easy with a bit of guidance! really grateful for everyone's input and help great forum !

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Felkin123 View Post
    Brilliant and clear advice/instructions,

Cleared all bindings, deleted zone, started again as per above advice, Job done, Easy with a bit of guidance! really grateful for everyone's input and help great forum !
    Hi, I've had my system in 5 weeks , changed a hr92 from one zone to another today (both rooms have 2 radiators ). A few hours later I get the comms fault, actuator message in both zones. Installed myself as already had bdr installed with a cm927 controller. Took batteries out of controller but fault still there. Any ideas folks? Thanks

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FUNKYDADDIO View Post
    Hi, I've had my system in 5 weeks , changed a hr92 from one zone to another today (both rooms have 2 radiators ). A few hours later I get the comms fault, actuator message in both zones. Installed myself as already had bdr installed with a cm927 controller. Took batteries out of controller but fault still there. Any ideas folks? Thanks
    I would delete both zones on the controller, and then UNBIND the 4 HR92s just to make sure. Re-build the zones as per the Evohome instructions.