• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alan2050
    Automated Home Lurker
    • Jan 2016

Honeywell evohome Controller cant find Wifi

Hi

The evohome controller has been fully charging on the base unit for 3 days (plugged in properly) - it finds all the neighbours wifi routers but dosent see mine.
    We have multiple devices (ipods iphones computers sky boxes) all connecting perfectly to our Sky Fibre router. Honeywell dosent see it - I have spent the last 2 days trying to connect.
    When I swap the router to the old sky broadband one - of course it picks it up straight away but I want fibre!!
    Please help.

Thanks in advance
    Alan
  • top brake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Feb 2015

Please contact Honeywell consumer support and they will log a case and get it investigated.
    Originally posted by Alan2050 View Post
    Hi

The evohome controller has been fully charging on the base unit for 3 days (plugged in properly) - it finds all the neighbours wifi routers but dosent see mine.
    We have multiple devices (ipods iphones computers sky boxes) all connecting perfectly to our Sky Fibre router. Honeywell dosent see it - I have spent the last 2 days trying to connect.
    When I swap the router to the old sky broadband one - of course it picks it up straight away but I want fibre!!
    Please help.

Thanks in advance
    Alan
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• top brake
      Automated Home Legend
      • Feb 2015

I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Jom
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Aug 2015

Hi

Please help.

Thanks in advance
        Alan
        Hi, I had a problem similar to you when I first went to set up my Evohome system and connect it to my wifi network. My problem turned out to be that the Evohome was not sitting correctly on the mount and wasn't charging. When my system was shipped, the batteries were only half charged. Once the batteries are fully charged it connected no bother even when not connected to the mains. One way of establishing whether the Evohome is charging is to check for the battery icon on top right hand corner of the Evohome controller. When it is seated correctly o n the controller and fully charged you won't see battery icon. Hope this is of help.

Comment

• Fursty Ferret
          Automated Home Sr Member
          • Oct 2014

Try moving the controller closer to the router. It took several attempts for mine to talk to my Sky router and in the end the two had to be almost touching. Once connected it works fine, however.

Comment

• Alan2050
            Automated Home Lurker
            • Jan 2016

tried that but still no go - I have added the old router to the network and it connects with that so I suppose I can live with that - thanks anyway

Comment

• G4RHL
              Automated Home Legend
              • Jan 2015

tried that but still no go - I have added the old router to the network and it connects with that so I suppose I can live with that - thanks anyway
              You have probably already done this but power out your router and broadband connection for about 10 minutes and then restart. I have found that sometimes devices, not just Evohome, sitting alongside the router or anywhere else in the house do not see either or both of the wifi connections (2.4ghz & 5ghz). Yet they all see next door's!! Switching off seems to rectify this. As a consequence I have things set up to automatically switch off my internet connection for 15 minutes at 02:00 on a Sunday morning. That seems to be sufficient.

I have BT Broadband with their Hub5 but found connections improved when I bought a separate Infinty box to connect to the telephone line and then plug that into the BT Hub. The BT Hub now is no more than a router with wireless output. I also found it better to set it up with the 2.4 and 5 wireless settings as separate wifi connections.

Comment

• Marshalls
                Automated Home Lurker
                • Apr 2017

I have recently experienced the same pain with my Honeywell Evohome Wi-Fi controller after upgrading my router. I could only get my controller to connect to the Wi-Fi for a short period whilst my router was rebooting and the connection would be lost again within a few minutes.

I contacted the Honeywell support team who offered the following list of things to check which might help resolve your problem. For me, the problem was relating to the channel which my 2.4 Ghz network was broadcasting on. By default this was set to "Auto", but once I set the network to broadcast on channel 6 I was able to connect the controller to the Wi-Fi and I haven't had any problems since.

Here is the info which Honeywell support provided...

To fix this issue please check the following settings in the network, or contact the internet service provider to see if they can check them.
                •Make sure there isn’t a limit to the number of devices that can connect to the network.
                •Make sure the router is set up for DHCP.
                •Make sure the network is using one of the following security protocols:
                •OPEN
                •WEP_PSK
                •WPA_TKIP_PSK
                •WPA2_AES_PSK
                •WPA2_MIXED_PSK.

•Make sure WiFi network is set to broadcast to 2.4 Ghz
                •Make sure ports 443 and 80 are open.
                ​•Make sure the WiFi network is broadcasting on the channels 1 or 6 or 11
                ​•If there is a firewall, make sure the thermostat can connect to the following IP addresses:

•Make sure the network is a standard home network and does not require logging in from a webpage, like a guest or enterprise network might for example.
                •Make sure there are no special characters (#, $, @, etc.) in the network name or password.

Comment

• paulockenden
                  Automated Home Legend
                  • Apr 2015

This is related to the thread I started the other day. On Auto your wifi router can search out the clearest channel, including 12 and 13. But there's a serious and long standing bug in Evohome's wifi firmware which means it can't see those channels.

It has tripped up a lot of users.

Comment

• Marshalls
                    Automated Home Lurker
                    • Apr 2017

Whilst there may be a "a serious and long standing bug in Evohome's wifi firmware" which means it can't see channels 12 and 13, switching my 2.4 Ghz to one of the specified channels did actually fix the problem.

As the Evohome controller is the only device in my house which uses this network, it doesn't make any difference to me what channel it runs on. So the fix is spot on for me

This issue has driven me insane for the last few months and I was unable to find a fix anywhere online. Hopefully the tips above will help resolve connectivity issues for some people.

Comment

• IM35461
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Jan 2012

Has your 5G and 2G got different names? E.g. Home_2G and Home_5G

If the same, perhaps it is not seeing the 2.4 band.

Comment

• Marshalls
                        Automated Home Lurker
                        • Apr 2017

I tried separating the 2G/5G networks as different named networks and still saw the same issues connecting to the 2G.

Comment

• IM35461
                          Automated Home Sr Member
                          • Jan 2012

Are the Wi-Fi network names really long or contain strange characters or spaces?

Comment

• Marshalls
                            Automated Home Lurker
                            • Apr 2017

Short names for the networks (max 7 characters) and no spaces or strange characters either.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

I thought the problem was already resolved by changing the channel to <12 - what relevance does the SSID have or whether the same SSID is used on both bands ? We already know that the Evotouch doesn't work on channel 12/13, and it doesn't support 5Ghz at all.

(It is 2.4Ghz channels 1-11 only, BGN, 20Mhz wide channels with one spatial stream, eg a maximum PHY rate of 65Mbit)

Comment

Working...
                              X