• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MichaelD
    Automated Home Guru
    • Mar 2006

CurrentCost energy monitoring

I still use a load of CurrentCost devices to monitor my energy usage, (3 x EnviR, 12 x IAMs) but their site looks a bit sleepy, and the last PC cables they did don't work on anything newer than Win7, so, it all looks like its obsolete. What is everyone using now?
  • Mavis
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Oct 2014

I use Loop which has the gas monitor as well as the electricity monitor. It's very user friendly and once you input your tariff it will also show comparison tariffs.

With the Loop app, you have the power to monitor your energy usage and costs, gaining insights into your consumption patterns.

Comment

• MichaelD
      Automated Home Guru
      • Mar 2006

Thanks Mavis, Loop looks like a 'totals' based approach, with a very useful connection to swap suppliers.

I was looking for something to help me monitor usage at a more granular level, so that I can see what devices are on, and can work out what each device costs to run. For example, I was horrified to see how much it costs to run that second fridge/freezer that we shouldn't really need. With the detailed level info, I've been able to work out which areas I need to manage better. The CurrentCost plug-in Individual Appliance Modules (IAMs) do that, so I was looking for something that can do a similar job

Comment

Working...
      X