• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrFluffy
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Aug 2005

3 Phase signal couplers

Hello all,
    Ive got 3 phase supply in my house and I am current limted per phase to 25amps. So as to spread the loading, (and reduce the chance of a cross phase 400v shock) we have the house split to phase1 downstairs phase2 upstairs, and phase3 workshop and outdoor stuff. Going monophase isnt an option as parts of the heating system and some of the workshop stuff uses 3 phase power and to run two feeds to a house is extremely expensive.
    Now I bought ages ago a fd10 to filter the mains at a previous monophased house, so just bought recently two more fd10's to couple between the 3 phases and filter the mains incoming. Now we do get x10 singnals crossing between the phases intermittently, but its a bit of a lottery if the signal is going to get across with enough strength to reach the module.
    So basically theyre not doing what I want. Ive seen since the 3 phase coupler/repeaters that retransmit the signal across the other two phases, and a red activity led flashes to promote this, BUT theyre 260 quid apiece, and after spending out lots on multiple cm12u' controllers and buying 3 fd10's which seem as much use as a chocolate fireguard, I want to hear from soneone who uses these sucessfully (and reliably) before I take yet another leap of faith with my hard earned..
    Also do these repeater couplers offer any input filtering? Im not sure if I should leave them in place to filter the feeds and couple with the repeater afterwards (ie at tthe consumer unit).
    Anyone bridging phases reliably??

Re: 3 Phase signal couplers

I suggest you look at buying an ACT CR244 coupler/repeater. It is simple to install, has never failed me in terms of reliability and sends signals at an A10 signal to noise ratio of 8Vdc/25Ma. Well worth the expense. Leave the FD10's in place. because the CR244 is NOT a filter, it offers 2 way transmission so if you use A10/UPB devices, it can send back status to your central controller. Place the FD10's at the mains IN on the supply side. BTW - they were never designed for coupling.
    The CR244 is selling at AUD468 (196.241 GBP) on www.eon3.com

Comment

• AutomatedOutlet
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Aug 2004

Is there a fairly large demand for these? I can probably get them for about $200 including shipping anywhere worldwide if you need them. Please let me know and I can start stocking these.
      Martin Custer
      Martin@AutomatedOutlet.com
      www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Comment

• MrFluffy
        Automated Home Sr Member
        • Aug 2005

Wouldnt these require adaption for different voltages in different countries or are they just a passive tuned device inside?
        Id have to get hold of a 380v version for here if so...

Comment

• AutomatedOutlet
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Aug 2004

Good question, not sure. I was just responding to that specific part number that was requested. I'll see what I can find out.
          Martin Custer
          Martin@AutomatedOutlet.com
          www.AutomatedOutlet.com

Comment

• jon00
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Jan 2004

The CR244 is designed for Europe/Austrialia/New Zealand etc with 240/415V 50Hz single/3 phase supplies. Expensive bit of kit but works well.

Spec: http://www.act-solutions.com/pdfs/PC...cr244_spec.pdf

FYI, the US/Canada version is CR234
            Jon

www.jon00.me.uk

Comment

Working...
            X