Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New firmware for WIFi enabled ATC928G3000?

Automated Home Jr Member

Default New firmware for WIFi enabled ATC928G3000?

I am really hoping for an update to allow the manual overide of the HR92's to be picked up by the central hub. Few times I have found myself baffled by the temperature of the room, only to find it has been over ridden by one of the family before they promptly wandered off.

Is there an ETA for it? Any brief on what other changes are being made?

Automated Home Legend

I have the new firmware early and there are not many user visible changes.

The biggest one is that HR92 manual overrides are now recognised by the controller (and smart phone app) and appear as timed zone overrides. That change alone makes the update worthwhile as it was a bit of an oversight before that the controller remained unaware of local overrides.

The only other thing of significance I have noticed is that Optimum start seems to be way more accurate for me after the update.

I'd be interested to see what the official word from Honeywell is on new features / bug fixes are though.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5th January 2016 at 01:47 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks for the quick response, how did you go about getting it? Is it a file you could send me over?

Both those features would be useful additions for me!

Automated Home Guru

Will this new firmware be only avilable on the directly WiFi enabled EvoHome controllers, or will the older ones which are connected via the gateway being upgraded too ?

Automated Home Legend top brake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roydonaldson View Post
    Will this new firmware be only avilable on the directly WiFi enabled EvoHome controllers, or will the older ones which are connected via the gateway being upgraded too ?
    just the wifi current model

the gateway firmware also gets updates as required
    I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I have the new firmware early and there are not many user visible changes.

The biggest one is that HR92 manual overrides are now recognised by the controller (and smart phone app) and appear as timed zone overrides. That change alone makes the update worthwhile as it was a bit of an oversight before that the controller remained unaware of local overrides.

The only other thing of significance I have noticed is that Optimum start seems to be way more accurate for me after the update.

I'd be interested to see what the official word from Honeywell is on new features / bug fixes are though.
    Incidentally, I have the new software, and noted that the above is true only for single room zones, but in multiple room zones, manual overrides made on any of the HR92's are not recognised by the controller. I suppose it has to be so, as there could be multiple radiators with different manual overrides set in the same multi room zone.
    Last edited by Gudge; 5th January 2016 at 08:43 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    Incidentally, I have the new software, and noted that the above is true only for single room zones, but in multiple room zones, manual overrides made on any of the HR92's are not recognised by the controller. I suppose it has to be so, as there could be multiple radiators with different manual overrides set in the same multi room zone.
    I don't have any multi-room zones or even any multi-radiator zones (yet - I will have one in the dining room eventually) but I figured that would be the case. Also in multi-room zones only the temperature measured by the "first" HR92 is shown on the controller even though each HR92 in the zone measures its own temperature, so as you say, keeping the local overrides local in a multi-room zone (as it was before) is the only behaviour that makes sense.

I'm interested to know how the new software works in a single room (single sensor) multiple radiator zone though - does adjusting any HR92 in the zone send an update to the zone set point back to the controller and then get re-distributed to all the other HR92's in the zone ? (This might take up to 4 minutes)
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5th January 2016 at 09:07 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    I'm interested to know how the new software works in a single room (single sensor) multiple radiator zone though - does adjusting any HR92 in the zone send an update to the zone set point back to the controller and then get re-distributed to all the other HR92's in the zone ? (This might take up to 4 minutes)
    Yes that is exactly how it works. You can make the adjustment on any HR92 in the zone, and it will get reflected back to the controller and all other HR92's in the same single room zone (can take a few minutes to sync up as you say).

Automated Home Sr Member

Anyone know how I get the firmware upgrade please?

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gudge View Post
    Yes that is exactly how it works. You can make the adjustment on any HR92 in the zone, and it will get reflected back to the controller and all other HR92's in the same single room zone (can take a few minutes to sync up as you say).
    Is this the case only on the 'new' WiFi controller or does it work this way on the older one?