New firmware for WIFi enabled ATC928G3000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Andehh
    Automated Home Sr Member
    • Oct 2015

New firmware for WIFi enabled ATC928G3000?

I am really hoping for an update to allow the manual overide of the HR92's to be picked up by the central hub. Few times I have found myself baffled by the temperature of the room, only to find it has been over ridden by one of the family before they promptly wandered off.

Is there an ETA for it? Any brief on what other changes are being made?
  • DBMandrake
    Automated Home Legend
    • Sep 2014

I have the new firmware early and there are not many user visible changes.

The biggest one is that HR92 manual overrides are now recognised by the controller (and smart phone app) and appear as timed zone overrides. That change alone makes the update worthwhile as it was a bit of an oversight before that the controller remained unaware of local overrides.

The only other thing of significance I have noticed is that Optimum start seems to be way more accurate for me after the update.

I'd be interested to see what the official word from Honeywell is on new features / bug fixes are though.
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 5 January 2016, 02:47 PM.

Comment

• Andehh
      Automated Home Sr Member
      • Oct 2015

Thanks for the quick response, how did you go about getting it? Is it a file you could send me over?

Both those features would be useful additions for me!

Comment

• roydonaldson
        Automated Home Guru
        • Jan 2013

Will this new firmware be only avilable on the directly WiFi enabled EvoHome controllers, or will the older ones which are connected via the gateway being upgraded too ?

Comment

• top brake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by roydonaldson View Post
          Will this new firmware be only avilable on the directly WiFi enabled EvoHome controllers, or will the older ones which are connected via the gateway being upgraded too ?
          just the wifi current model

the gateway firmware also gets updates as required
          I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• Gudge
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
            I have the new firmware early and there are not many user visible changes.

The biggest one is that HR92 manual overrides are now recognised by the controller (and smart phone app) and appear as timed zone overrides. That change alone makes the update worthwhile as it was a bit of an oversight before that the controller remained unaware of local overrides.

The only other thing of significance I have noticed is that Optimum start seems to be way more accurate for me after the update.

I'd be interested to see what the official word from Honeywell is on new features / bug fixes are though.
            Incidentally, I have the new software, and noted that the above is true only for single room zones, but in multiple room zones, manual overrides made on any of the HR92's are not recognised by the controller. I suppose it has to be so, as there could be multiple radiators with different manual overrides set in the same multi room zone.
            Last edited by Gudge; 5 January 2016, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• DBMandrake
              Automated Home Legend
              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Gudge View Post
              Incidentally, I have the new software, and noted that the above is true only for single room zones, but in multiple room zones, manual overrides made on any of the HR92's are not recognised by the controller. I suppose it has to be so, as there could be multiple radiators with different manual overrides set in the same multi room zone.
              I don't have any multi-room zones or even any multi-radiator zones (yet - I will have one in the dining room eventually) but I figured that would be the case. Also in multi-room zones only the temperature measured by the "first" HR92 is shown on the controller even though each HR92 in the zone measures its own temperature, so as you say, keeping the local overrides local in a multi-room zone (as it was before) is the only behaviour that makes sense.

I'm interested to know how the new software works in a single room (single sensor) multiple radiator zone though - does adjusting any HR92 in the zone send an update to the zone set point back to the controller and then get re-distributed to all the other HR92's in the zone ? (This might take up to 4 minutes)
              Last edited by DBMandrake; 5 January 2016, 10:07 PM.

Comment

• Gudge
                Automated Home Jr Member
                • Dec 2015

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                I'm interested to know how the new software works in a single room (single sensor) multiple radiator zone though - does adjusting any HR92 in the zone send an update to the zone set point back to the controller and then get re-distributed to all the other HR92's in the zone ? (This might take up to 4 minutes)
                Yes that is exactly how it works. You can make the adjustment on any HR92 in the zone, and it will get reflected back to the controller and all other HR92's in the same single room zone (can take a few minutes to sync up as you say).

Comment

• basiluk
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Oct 2008

Anyone know how I get the firmware upgrade please?

Comment

• rcopus
                    Automated Home Jr Member
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Gudge View Post
                    Yes that is exactly how it works. You can make the adjustment on any HR92 in the zone, and it will get reflected back to the controller and all other HR92's in the same single room zone (can take a few minutes to sync up as you say).
                    Is this the case only on the 'new' WiFi controller or does it work this way on the older one?

Comment

• top brake
                      Automated Home Legend
                      • Feb 2015

Originally posted by rcopus View Post
                      Is this the case only on the 'new' WiFi controller or does it work this way on the older one?
                      Please see my previous reply
                      I work for Resideo, posts are personal and my own views.

Comment

• basiluk
                        Automated Home Sr Member
                        • Oct 2008

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                        Can you tell me how I get hold of the latest firmware?

Comment

• rcopus
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Nov 2014

Originally posted by top brake View Post
                          Thanks top brake but I was seeking clarity on whether or not the behaviour of the older version of controller would change all radiators in a zone when the valve set temperature is changed.
                          I understand the new firmware being discussed relates only to the new controller.

Comment

• Gudge
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by basiluk View Post
                            Can you tell me how I get hold of the latest firmware?
                            have a read through this

There are some details on how to request it in there somewhere, but may not be available any more until the official release.

Comment

• MrB
                              Automated Home Sr Member
                              • Oct 2015

Thanks to Honeywell chaps on here I have the new WiFi controller firmware. As others have stated the manual override now shows on the screen which helps with the general management of 12 TRVs. Have to say that after the control of the TRV's the timing Optimisation for the rad temperatures is the best thing about the Evohome. Everybody I've explained it to sees it as the main USP. They love the idea that the system gets the temp to what you want at the time you want. None of the problems of a really cold night and the timer turns it all on and by the time you go to work the house has reached the required temp.

Comment

Working...
                              X