• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • londonbairn
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Dec 2015

Comms Fault

One of our radiator valves showed a comms fault on the controller at 2am. Checked it this morning and RF test passed excellent and setting the zone to heat worked fine.

However on the controller, the exclamation mark won't go away from the zone and clicking on the zone keeps coming up with a comms fault (log has one entry at 2am)

How can I remove this mark and pop up? I tried re binding but made no difference
  • Dan_Robinson
    Automated Home Ninja
    • Jun 2012

If the fault clears itself, the warning will vanish in a day or two.
    Kind Regards - Dan Robinson (Jennings Heating Ltd)

Comment

• londonbairn
      Automated Home Jr Member
      • Dec 2015

Re set up everything from scratch and it came back but I think I narrowed it down. For the zone in question it kept picking up two actuators, so when I did the RF test it would say 1 excellent and 1 no reply. I deleted the "no reply" one last night, removed binding of the valve, added from scratch and will see what happens.

It's frustrating the system does not have a comprehensive list of devices per zone. For example, being able to see rad valve with serial number CYZ mapped to zone A, and generally why these things happen.

Heating works absolutely fine which is what makes it frustrating

Comment

• paulockenden
        Automated Home Legend
        • Apr 2015

I'm sure someone mentioned that the (3rd party) WIndows Phone app displays the devices in each zone. No doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

• dkleeman
          Automated Home Jr Member
          • Apr 2012

How did you delete one device without seeing a list of devices?

Comment

• londonbairn
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2015

When you do RF test on the zone, on the summary report that shows Excellent, good etc, it had 1 Excellent 1 no response. It offered then to delete the no response at that point.

Comment

• londonbairn
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Dec 2015

I think I have sorted it. Basically if I followed the following order of resetting the zone (Unbind rad valve, reset valve, remove zone and readdd) it would always come back and this included a "reset" of the controller.

This time, I did not remove the zone and left it as is. Added a new one then removed old once binded. Seems to me that each zone has a "position" in memory, and removing and readding in that same position (ie the 8th zone) would bring back the error. It may be circumstantial but I tried readding the zone many times with the same result, and now adding it before removing old, it seems fine.

Fingers crossed

Comment

Working...
              X