• Show
Clear All
  • markroseuk
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jan 2016

Holiday Timer

Hi
    Does the new WIFI version have a holiday timer
    my old programmer i could set to away mode for say 13 days, so it the heating was on when i cam back from holiday. With the evohome you have to access via app to turn on manually (not always possible)
    can't see why this is not a feature.

Mark
  • sminkypinky155
    Automated Home Jr Member
    • Jun 2015

Yes. High can set the evohome to away mode, temperature is set at 15 degrees at default but that can be changed via the base unit.

Comment

• G4RHL
      Automated Home Legend
      • Jan 2015

Am not sure this answers the question. You can operate Quick Action menus from the Control Panel but not for any specific time, i.e. 13 days. You can do it from the app though by choosing the length of time you want. It is in days and not in hours and the days end at midnight so allow for that as you want the heating on when you come back and not waiting for the next midnight! Far better if there was more control over this in the Control Panel and in the app plus being able to select a time and not just a number of days. I usually set Away when going away but when an hour or so from home on the way back cancel it.

Comment

• markroseuk
        Automated Home Jr Member
        • Jan 2016

Hi G4RHL thanks for that never used the app much other than to turn on off i thought it was just minutes and not days works great
        just trying to decide if its worth upgrading to the WIFI version now
        Mark

Comment

• DBMandrake
          Automated Home Legend
          • Sep 2014

Originally posted by G4RHL View Post
          Am not sure this answers the question. You can operate Quick Action menus from the Control Panel but not for any specific time, i.e. 13 days. You can do it from the app though by choosing the length of time you want. It is in days and not in hours and the days end at midnight so allow for that as you want the heating on when you come back and not waiting for the next midnight! Far better if there was more control over this in the Control Panel and in the app plus being able to select a time and not just a number of days. I usually set Away when going away but when an hour or so from home on the way back cancel it.
          You can set the away mode to be active until a certain date from the controller - simply hold down away mode for a couple of seconds as it says at the bottom of the screen and it will ask you for how long.

All quick actions can be timed except for OFF mode, bizarrely. I agree that being able to set the time period only by number of days to the nearest midnight is a bit limiting though, only Economy mode allows you to set the expiry time in hours and minutes, and that is limited to within the same day.
          Last edited by DBMandrake; 17 January 2016, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• MrB
            Automated Home Sr Member
            • Oct 2015

Don't forget you can access the system via TotalConnect App/Website from anywhere in the World, and do just about whatever you want remotely.
            No need to be physically present next to the Controller.

Comment

• markroseuk
              Automated Home Jr Member
              • Jan 2016

Never realized you had to hold the quick actions to set a date didn't see the that bit at the bottom Oops
              can access via app fine but there is now web option that i can see to control it?
              would be easier to program if it could be done on the web

Comment

• DBMandrake
                Automated Home Legend
                • Sep 2014

You can control the evohome via a web browser now ?

Comment

• markroseuk
                  Automated Home Jr Member
                  • Jan 2016

can't seem to from the website i use
                  Get access to your Total Connect Comfort Europe account. Not a user yet? Create an account now and discover a new comfort zone.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                    Automated Home Legend
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by markroseuk View Post
                    can't seem to from the website i use
                    https://europe.mytotalconnectcomfort.com
                    There has never been a remote control option via the website, (at least for European customers) only via iPhone and Android apps, hence my querying MrB's implication that you could do so.

Comment

• MrB
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Oct 2015

Should have added "3rd party".... check the API thread...

Comment

Working...
                      X