Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evohome upgrade from CM927, worth the investment?

Automated Home Jr Member

Well its arrived and im stuck at work. Will let you know how the install goes.

Top service from The Evohome Shop. Thanks Richard and the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    Well its arrived and im stuck at work. Will let you know how the install goes.

Top service from The Evohome Shop. Thanks Richard and the team.
    Thanks Leigh! If you need anything you know my number.

Automated Home Jr Member

Well the good news is that the HR92s fit my generically branded Plumbase TRVs. The bad news is that the dogs need walking before i can play....

Automated Home Jr Member

All setup and seems to be working ok, need to go round and check the RF signals on a few rooms. Schedule programmed to.

Does the controller screensaver page show actual room temperatures or programmed temperatures? Cant see anything in the manual, worked out how to change the HR92's to show room temp, but cant verify what the controller is displaying.

Another quick question do the HR9s communicate with the controller or or the BDR91? i.e. where do they send their signal too? (presuming the controller)
    Last edited by Leigh; 20th January 2016 at 08:26 PM.

Automated Home Jr Member

The controller is showing actual room temperature on the screen saver page - press the screen and the big figures are actual temperature, the smaller ones set temperature.

The 92's communicate with the controller which in turn talks to the bdr91.

Automated Home Legend

The screensaver temperature figures are measured temperatures, and the large figures on the normal home screen are measured with the set points being the small figures below them.

HR92's do not communicate directly to the BDR91, they communicate with the Evotouch controller which in turn forwards on the aggregate heat demand of all zones to the BDR91. So if you have a large house you're best to have the controller in a somewhat central location from the perspective of signal strengths, as every other device communicates back to the evotouch.

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks both, had thought as much about what the HR92s were communicating with as i had a 3 signal on a valve and when i moved the controller to a more central location in our house it went up to 5.

One thing i would like to see on the controller and the app is which zone is calling for heat and has the boiler switched on. On the CM927 you get a little flame symbol when the boiler is on, i think this would be a great addition (unless it already is and im blind!) i can hear my boiler firing but ive no idea which zone is calling for it (other than the ones above required temp not calling) Just the engineer in me wanting to know.....

How long should be expected for the setup to learn heatup and cool down times? and is there any preference for optimisation? i.e. on or off (start and stop)

Automated Home Jr Member

So everything seems to be working as planned from what i can see on the Honeywell phone app. It does show though that one bedroom, right at the front of our house (north facing) seems to be struggling to get up to temperature, so the finned single convector rad may need changing for something with a bit more oomph.

EDIT: Wife has just called to say the HR92s are noisy and woke her up, oh oh... ive told her she will get used to i. She also said that one of the rads was making quite a noise at one point (im guessing during a valve opening or closing) i did hear a small 'gurgle' this morning so am thinking there is some air somewhere even though we have an auto air vent so will go round and bleed the rads later.

One thing i did notice last night is that our system was balanced when we had our new boiler installed a few years back and it appears that our 'preferred flow' radiator is situated in the coldest room meaning that it was quite noisy (whoosing), due to the lockshield being closed down when it was the only rad calling for heat last night. Is there anything i can do about this?
    Last edited by Leigh; 21st January 2016 at 10:14 AM.

Glad to see everything is OK Leigh.

Optimum start and stop is a must, but just set for 1 hour on the optimum start to start with otherwise it may come on a few hours early in the learning period (which can take several weeks).

Automated Home Jr Member

Thanks, i setup with 1 hour last night as i know our rooms dont take that long to warm up from experience.

Added a few questions above if you have any guidance