Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (2.1) for evohome Wi-Fi coming soon

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Dear All

A new firmware will be released over the coming weeks for evohome Wi-Fi. V2.1. This will be pushed out sometime soon, but has already been applied to units out of manufacturing.

- HR92 manual adjustments - Will now be shown on the main evohome and App display
    - enhanced support & improvements for HM80
    - General enhancements & tweaks (most not applicable to the average user)

Users do not need to do anything as the push will occur automatically.

Non-evohome Wi-Fi models (models that require a gateway) will not be able to receive this update.
    I’ve just replaced my original non-Wifi controller with a new shiny WiFi enabled one just so I can get the advantage of firmware upgrades. I thought it would arrive with the latest firmware but it seems not (still showing v01.00.01.00 on the firmware page) although I hope that Father Christmas will arrive one night and magically upgrade it to v01.00.02.01 (I think that's the right version number). Does anybody know how long it normally takes for the upgrade to be pushed out ?

Thanks.

Mike

Automated Home Lurker

Hi, I am from spain, but just in case: I would be interested in replacing my non wifi with a WiFi evohome. Also I want to encourage Honeywell ( or anyone with the know how) to make available the new firmware to the old evohome. I am a bit of a control freak (I suspect I am not alone in this forum) and it makes me VERY nervous to have and outdated firmware in my "smart" thermostat.

Automated Home Jr Member

I think my WiFi unit may have had its WiFi killed by the recent upgrade. Unit stopped connecting to WiFi a number of weeks ago and I got an email from Honeywell saying they had noticed my unit was no longer connected and to get in touch with their support. Support now think this issue may be due to a failed firmware upgrade (awaiting confirmation on that). Not sure if anyone else has had this problem. My WiFi Version reads: 01.00.02.00

Thanks

Stephen

Automated Home Jr Member

Just spotted the other forum posts regarding this and fixed the problem as other people have as follows:

1. Press Settings
    2. Press Wi-Fi Settings
    3. Let evohome seacrh for wireless networks
    4. Select your network
    5. Enter password of your wireless networ and press green tick
    6. Connecting to screen appears
    7. Could not connect screen appears
    8. Press the home icon top left, DO NOT press the red X button!
    9. Although not showing evohome is connected to our TCC server, in this state it can receive the software update
    10. You can receive a connection restored email from the TCC service

Automated Home Lurker

Just putting down my interest in the evohome wifi is there is much improvement over the previous controller (get on with mine fine)

Hi Ramses, am I too late to register a request for an upgrade too, please?

Thanks!

Automated Home Guru

Yes to both controller and wall mount here too please

Automated Home Lurker

Hi Rameses.
    Please add my name to the list of people wishing to upgrade to the wifi unit. When will the list list close and the swap outs begin ? Thanks

Automated Home Lurker

Count me in too please. I still find it quite unbelievable that something reliant on Internet connectivity isn't firmware upgradable. I even upgraded my washing machine the other day!

Automated Home Lurker

A yes from me on the upgrade too...