Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (2.1) for evohome Wi-Fi coming soon

Automated Home Sr Member

My unit has just upgraded this morning to version 2.1

Automated Home Jr Member

Guys, just checked my wifi unit, it shows this, am I upgraded?
    image.jpg

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Freeze View Post
    Guys, just checked my wifi unit, it shows this, am I upgraded?
    image.jpg
    Mr Freeze - You are indeed on the latest version.

Automated Home Jr Member

Any updates on price of trade in?

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by darrendobson View Post
    Any updates on price of trade in?
    Indeed...and add me in to the "show of hands" for an upgrade. In particular for the ability to see over-ridden HR92s from the controller/app

Automated Home Lurker

I too would be interested in an upgrade for the controller and wall mount but the cost needs to be very competitive.

I must say that I'm pretty disappointed with Honeywell as in the space of three years I have had the evotouch v1 which we were led to believe would be upgradeable through the USB port. That wasn't to be.

Then v2 came out less than 6 months after I purchased v1. I contacted Honeywell at the time regarding an upgrade and was basically told tough titty.

When the new wifi enabled controller came out I was a little envious as the remote gateway is a pretty ungainly bit of kit but I felt I could live with it as the functionality is that same.

To now basically now be told that my version is no longer supported by firmware updates is frankly a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I have been pretty vocal to friends and family about the benefits of evohome but to be expected to fork out for a new controller every 12-18 months is a bit of a joke.

Automated Home Lurker

Also interested in the trade in for 4 control units plus wall plates, depending on price.

Automated Home Lurker

Unhappy Firmware (2.1) update, phone/tablet app stops working

Like many users, after the update, the phone/tablet app stopped showing actual room temperatures or names, and lost all Quick Action selections apart from HEATING OFF. Strangely the only thing the app would do was turn the heating off!! Apparently this is not uncommon and the solution fairly easy (found elsewhere in this forum). What I fail to understand, is that Honeywell have all our email addresses, they know this is a possible problem, why do they let people spend hours trying to sort out a problem, reinstalling apps, checking settings etc when a solution is already at hand?

If you are unaware and having the same problem: Log in to your account, delete the device from the location, wait a bit (mine took an hour to reset), re-install the device and gosh... it all starts working again.

A simple "We are updating things, if this happens, try this..." would be better than leaving a lot of customers thinking that Honeywell couldn't care less.

evo_harris2.jpg evo_harris1.jpg

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by The EVOHOME Shop View Post
    Before this thread - http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/vbull...plate-for-HR92 I was told these were not available as a spare (they still aren't). I will now keep this thread in mind for future valve baseplate issues that occur and sorry I could not help further at the time of your issue.

I look forward to supplying you guys with your 'upgrades' and hopefully we will be able to give more details of this to you very shortly!
    Any updates on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Skood View Post

I have been pretty vocal to friends and family about the benefits of evohome but to be expected to fork out for a new controller every 12-18 months is a bit of a joke.
    Why do you feel you have to buy a new controller? The one you have does exactly what it did when you bought it, and should continue to work like that for years. If you want a slight improvement in functionality then that is your choice, it isn't something you are obliged to do. I'm very happy with my 1st gen controller, when something much better comes out then I'll think about upgrading, but the slight improvements that have been offered so far haven't been worth the cost, I'd rather deploy the money on something more worthwhile.