Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 49101112131415 LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (2.1) for evohome Wi-Fi coming soon

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by g6ejd View Post
    My versions are (purchased Oct'16):

Application Software Version: 01.00.03.00

WiFi Software Version: 01.00.02.00
    Interesting, looks like the rest of us should be due a firmware upgrade sometime soon then ?

Mine, purchased October 2015 still has:

Application Software Version: 01.00.02.01
    Wifi Software Version: 01.00.02.00

Which is the update that came out early this year that added local override display. (And not much else)

Automated Home Guru

I haven't figured out all the functions yet, but can see if I adjust the HR92 remotely it feeds the new demand temp back to the controller verbatim and the controller screen for that zone shows a message that schedule temperature has been overridden with an option to make it permanent or cancel it back to the scheduled temperature.

Automated Home Legend

Yes, that feature was part of the previous firmware update that I already have. I'm curious what might be new in the version you have though.

Any comments from official sources what might be new ? Or is it only bug fixes ?
    Last edited by DBMandrake; 9th October 2016 at 08:13 PM.

Automated Home Lurker

Default Curious - Firmware version

Having followed this thread I was curious to find out my own version numbers: Appl is: 01:00:02:01 and WiFi is: 01:00:02:00.

Also interested to know what might be the difference between appl 1.0.2 and 1.0.3

Automated Home Guru

I've just been through the manual and can't see any mention of what appears to be a predictive on or predictive off control. I'm used to the first with the Nest, but the off function is a good idea. Custom schedules can be applied to (I think - not yet tried) a room or a zone and for a variable user-set duration. I see the value of that for those who work shifts or one off events like getting up early in the week for work activity requiring a very early start on just one day or days. Everything else seems to be (lightly) covered in the manual. [Just read an older manual and I can see those functions were previously included, so nothing new in 1.0.3]

I just tried the reduce all zones by 3-deg and it ignored those set to 16-deg (unused rooms) which was interesting, so those at 21 were reduced to 18, but those at 19(?) or less were left unaltered, clearly by design.
    Last edited by g6ejd; 9th October 2016 at 10:40 PM.

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by g6ejd View Post
    I've just been through the manual and can't see any mention of what appears to be a predictive on or predictive off control.
    Are you talking about what Honeywell calls optimisation? If so, it is called Optimum Start and Optimum Stop and it is in the Evohome controller device settings. There is no single system on or off depending on temperature. Each zone does it's own optimisation via the zone HR92.

Automated Home Guru

Yes my mistake on screen there are options for Optimum Start and Stop. From a user viewpoint I can see nothing new.

Automated Home Guru

I'd be interested if Honeywell could tell us:
    "Also interested to know what might be the difference between appl 1.0.2 and 1.0.3 ?"

as my connected EvoHome is still running 1.0.2.

Roy.

Automated Home Lurker

How many languages does your evo have?

Automated Home Guru

I can't see without resetting it, reluctant to do that!