• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SteveP
    Automated Home Guru
    • Dec 2012

Originally posted by mikey8156 View Post
    What is the advantage of upgrading from the old monochrome Evotouch?
    Main differences (excluding the fact it is in colour)are that the colour version has more zones (12) and can connect the wifi gateway (or in the case of the new wifi version which has the gateway built in). The gateway allows remote control of the system via android or IOS apps. This uses the Honeywell service that you register your gateway with and set up an account and then you can control the system anywhere that you can get a data signal on your phone. You can do almost all functions of controlling the system from the app. You still need the controller to set up the system as the settings functions are not available on the apps. Once set up there is not a lot of need for the controller.

Comment

• xavk
      Automated Home Lurker
      • Jan 2016

I'm interested so please add me to the list.

Also, does the manual adjustments showing in the app require the Wifi version or can that feature come to teh older solution too? This drives my wife crazy so I need to fix it!

Comment

• DBMandrake
        Automated Home Legend
        • Sep 2014

It's been said elsewhere that this (and any other software updates) will only come to the wifi model.

Comment

• xavk
          Automated Home Lurker
          • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
          It's been said elsewhere that this (and any other software updates) will only come to the wifi model.
          Good to know. Here's hoping it is a compelling upgrade offer then (if one materialises0

Comment

• Caudera
            Automated Home Jr Member
            • Dec 2015

I would be interested as well.

Comment

• adamski
              Automated Home Lurker
              • Apr 2015

Definitely Interested

Comment

• Rameses
                Industry Expert
                • Nov 2014

Ok all - thanks for responses - I think we can sort something for automatedhome members - Standby
                getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Cchris
                  Automated Home Sr Member
                  • Nov 2015

Is the new firmware being rolled out to those with more than one controller?

Comment

• Rameses
                    Industry Expert
                    • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Cchris View Post
                    Is the new firmware being rolled out to those with more than one controller?
                    Every Wi-Fi unit will get firmware update if not done so already.
                    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Comment

• Cchris
                      Automated Home Sr Member
                      • Nov 2015

Is there any way to still request a push of it, or somewhere to check with if it is not received by a certain date etc?

Comment

• darrendobson
                        Automated Home Jr Member
                        • Nov 2015

I would be interested please count me in ramses

Comment

• Scointer
                          Automated Home Jr Member
                          • Jan 2016

I could be interested, although slightly disappointed. My panel is less than a year old and on the thread announcing the Wi-Fi model it was stated very early that both would be kept up to date with any future improvements but this appears to not be the case.

Comment

• gl3n
                            Automated Home Jr Member
                            • Feb 2015

Well let's hope a decent deal is announced. Mine is about a year or so old to, maybe a little more but if we can buy into a newer model then I will be happy. If Honeywell keep improving the system and offer some decent incentives for current users then I think the system will continue to grow and grow.

Comment

• DBMandrake
                              Automated Home Legend
                              • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Scointer View Post
                              I could be interested, although slightly disappointed. My panel is less than a year old and on the thread announcing the Wi-Fi model it was stated very early that both would be kept up to date with any future improvements but this appears to not be the case.
                              Actually if you check the thread carefully there is no mention of software updates for the original Colour Evotouch controller ever being promised.

What was discussed was that there were updates released for the internet gateway to add some new functionality - such as being able to edit schedules via the Smartphone apps. This was achieved with a software update to the gateway not the main controller, and actually preceded the release of the Wifi model.

Obviously software updates to the internet gateway can only affect features that are provided by the gateway, thus the remote scheduling could be added but local HR92 override display cannot, because that is a code change on the main controller.

Obviously on the wifi model because one unit replaces both controller and internet gateway and has a direct IP connection to the internet of its own (which the original did not) then a software update can potentially do anything.

I agree that its pretty poor that the original colour model cannot be upgraded, and having narrowly missed out on getting one myself (dodged the bullet ?) I would have been a bit peeved too, but it is what it is I suppose.

Comment

• Scointer
                                Automated Home Jr Member
                                • Jan 2016

Originally posted by DBMandrake View Post
                                Actually if you check the thread carefully there is no mention of software updates for the original Colour Evotouch controller ever being promised.

What was discussed was that there were updates released for the internet gateway to add some new functionality - such as being able to edit schedules via the Smartphone apps. This was achieved with a software update to the gateway not the main controller, and actually preceded the release of the Wifi model.

Obviously software updates to the internet gateway can only affect features that are provided by the gateway, thus the remote scheduling could be added but local HR92 override display cannot, because that is a code change on the main controller.

Obviously on the wifi model because one unit replaces both controller and internet gateway and has a direct IP connection to the internet of its own (which the original did not) then a software update can potentially do anything.

I agree that its pretty poor that the original colour model cannot be upgraded, and having narrowly missed out on getting one myself (dodged the bullet ?) I would have been a bit peeved too, but it is what it is I suppose.
                                Yes it all depends on how you read things but Rameses quote of :-

"Any existing user of evohome would not get any performance benefit from moving to this device. Hence the reason why this is not Gen 2/ v2 etc. Both receive benefits of future platform updates etc. "

read to me like all updates would be across both devices...but I also agree it doesn't specifically mention software updates on the individual devices keeping in sync only 'platform updates' and any firmware update on the main controller would have to be done as a local update. Still would have hoped this would have been possible though, surely when they build these they have to make allowance for some form of update ability.

disappointing :-( especially as I would need a new wall fixing too :-(
                                Last edited by Scointer; 27 January 2016, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X