Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (2.1) for evohome Wi-Fi coming soon

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikey8156 View Post
    What is the advantage of upgrading from the old monochrome Evotouch?
    Main differences (excluding the fact it is in colour)are that the colour version has more zones (12) and can connect the wifi gateway (or in the case of the new wifi version which has the gateway built in). The gateway allows remote control of the system via android or IOS apps. This uses the Honeywell service that you register your gateway with and set up an account and then you can control the system anywhere that you can get a data signal on your phone. You can do almost all functions of controlling the system from the app. You still need the controller to set up the system as the settings functions are not available on the apps. Once set up there is not a lot of need for the controller.

Automated Home Lurker

I'm interested so please add me to the list.

Also, does the manual adjustments showing in the app require the Wifi version or can that feature come to teh older solution too? This drives my wife crazy so I need to fix it!

Automated Home Legend

It's been said elsewhere that this (and any other software updates) will only come to the wifi model.

Automated Home Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by DBMandrake View Post
    It's been said elsewhere that this (and any other software updates) will only come to the wifi model.
    Good to know. Here's hoping it is a compelling upgrade offer then (if one materialises0

Automated Home Jr Member

I would be interested as well.

Automated Home Lurker

Definitely Interested

Ok all - thanks for responses - I think we can sort something for automatedhome members - Standby
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

Is the new firmware being rolled out to those with more than one controller?

Quote Originally Posted by Cchris View Post
    Is the new firmware being rolled out to those with more than one controller?
    Every Wi-Fi unit will get firmware update if not done so already.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Sr Member

Is there any way to still request a push of it, or somewhere to check with if it is not received by a certain date etc?