Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: New Firmware (2.1) for evohome Wi-Fi coming soon

Automated Home Jr Member

Hi,
    Just to be cheeky it would be good to include (or spare) just the new wall mount plate, as I presume the power supply is the same.
    Thanks,
    Neil

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by neilk View Post
    Hi,
    Just to be cheeky it would be good to include (or spare) just the new wall mount plate, as I presume the power supply is the same.
    Thanks,
    Neil
    I was wondering about that as well.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    yes so was I

Automated Home Sr Member

Quote Originally Posted by HenGus View Post
    Me too ! saves throwing away the current wall mount

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
    Me too ! saves throwing away the current wall mount
    Life is tough. The wall mount for the new WifI panel is different from the old as is the method of supplying power to the panel if in its stand. The new one now requires a PSU, the old one did not. The PSU looks to be the same as the PSU for the "old" Gateway.
    Last edited by G4RHL; 28th January 2016 at 03:33 PM.

Automated Home Guru

Quote Originally Posted by G4RHL View Post
    Life is tough. The wall mount for the new WifI panel is different from the old as is the method of supplying power to the panel if in its stand. The new one now requires a PSU, the old one did not. The PSU looks to be the same as the PSU for the "old" Gateway.
    even more built-in obsolescence

Automated Home Jr Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    Quick show of hands - how many people in this forum would be willing to upgrade? (Just the controller obviously)
    Hi Rameses

I'd too be very interested in the trade in please.

Bought the whole kit including the mobile access kit last summer and a month or two later the new WiFi controller came out. I know that's life, but it was a large investment and I'm really disappointed that my controller will not be upgraded, contrary to the impression given when researching which heating system to choose.

Like most of the enthusiasts on here I am very much into tinkering with the system, finding new ways of integrating it into other things, and using it to its full capability.

Manual adjustments not being displayed on the controller was something that confused me from day one, as I assumed being 'two way' that it would update the controller. My plumber who installed it (and had been on an evohome training course) thought the same.

Long time reader, but had to register to raise my hand

Thanks
    Last edited by Securitybyte; 29th January 2016 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Hi - thanks for all replies.

We listened and we are sorting something out for those on this 'thread'.

Working with evohomeshop (sponsor of this forum) to deliver.

Please be patient. I am logging all those in this thread.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

The change in the mount came from lots of research and user testing. (easier to remove with one had, better connector contact, less ingress etc) We had the choice to keep the same connector or deliver an improved one.

We are sorry that the wall mount was changed. But this was unavoidable and a consequence of progress. We do still provide a product stand/mount in the box.
    getconnected.honeywell.com | I work for Honeywell. Any posts I make are purely to help if I can. Any personal views expressed are my own

Automated Home Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    The change in the mount came from lots of research and user testing. (easier to remove with one had, better connector contact, less ingress etc) We had the choice to keep the same connector or deliver an improved one.

We are sorry that the wall mount was changed. But this was unavoidable and a consequence of progress. We do still provide a product stand/mount in the box.
    Presumably, the clever bit (AC/DC Supply) behind the faceplate is the same. Is it possible just to change the faceplate?